1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] The Leftovers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jun 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Seriously?

Be Better in 2016 breh.

2. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

mario_v likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What the hell did I just watch?
    I just saw the recap video. Who the hell is Heizenberg? Nothing makes sense.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

OK put your fan boy dicks back in your pants. I enjoyed LOST too.

Everything I needed to know about season 1 I read and watched in recap videos. I wasn't lost going into season 2; I know who these people are and what they went through in season 1.

PLUS, even though I know what went down in season 1, WITHOUT WATCHING SEASON ONE, we can agree that season 2 is a pretty self-contained season.

I've heard how bad season 1 is and I'm glad I started here. Didn't make much sense, but I'm on board for season 3.

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm not sure why everyone is put off by your comment. John from the show put it best when he says he doesn't understand what's going on. As the audience, we are all saying the same thing.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you can't get all the relationships and emotions from the cliff notes. the whole show is based on relationships.

I could watch the recaps on breaking bad and not get the emotional impact between the characters.

you're being lazy. go watch season 1.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Oh, I agree, I'm being lazy. But, nothing in season 2 makes me want to go back and find out more. I assume the writers did a soft re-boot for a reason: Maybe season 1 just wasn't that great.

I was late to Breaking Bad too. BB was on for 3 seasons before I watched an episode. One episode made me want to know more and I binged the rest on Netflix.

8. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Season 2 is definitely better than season 1, but season 1 is what creates this world, it gives you a better understanding of this crazy world you are watching.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Great stuff. I like Rectify also and LOST is the GOAT. I guess I'm one of those who doesn't need everything explained to me.

I just recently binged this entire series. Would have done it much sooner if I had realized it was from one of the architects of LOST.

I don't think I've seen this tidbit posted here:

The first season covers the entirety of the book; the second season is completely original material.

This should excite those who didn't like the first season, right?

1 person likes this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm few episodes into 2nd season, I really am enjoying it... I kind of skipped Lost though..

11. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Lost was horrible don't bother.

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

I binged season 1 yesterday. Really enjoyed it even though everyone is saying it wasn't good but season 2 is. So, that has me excited for season 2. I'm not sure if it's a show i'd care to wait for once a week though. GOT is really the only show that i wait for with anticipation. Everything else needs to come out all at once like Netflix.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

I saw one episode last year, I liked it. But haven't picked it up. It seemed like the premise was straight forward dealing with the idea of how would you deal knowing that you were not the chosen one. Or even one of the chose ones. Which is a real dilemma for most people in the real world. Has their macro story developed to the point where they know what happened to everyone, why they were left, and where everyone went? And how they might get there. Or are they focusing on the micro relationships.

14. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I'm not sure about this, but I think there were hints that we, the audience, may never know what is going on truly. I think the new intro song to season 2 even says something along those lines.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Just finished S2E3. This is one of the trippiest shows I've ever watched. I can see why some would despise it but I'm hooked.

heypartner and OmegaSupreme like this.
  16. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

yep. it's a different type of show. april 2017 can't come soon enough.

EssTooKayTD likes this.
  17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Finished season 2.

You just have to enjoy the ride wherever it takes you and don't worry so much about the final destination.

I can't imagine watching this show week to week. It's great in large doses.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I have watched week to week, it's a painful way to watch it. Does seem perfectly suited for binge watching.....

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

since this is the last season, do people think it will try to explain the cause of the departed? The show hasn't spoken much to it at all, just the aftermath.

Its not the premise of the show really, so I guess they don't have to.

#259 tallanvor, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

If I remember correctly, the showrunners and book's author stated they had no interest in answering that. They were focusing on the aftermath of a massive unexplained event.....

A_3PO likes this.