1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Convictedstupid, Mar 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

anyone have a link online to watch this?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Galveston jury makes our state look like thumb twiddling idiots.

3. bongman

bongman Member

Common guys, this is how we all sound when playing video games :p

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4114697181001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

5. Commodore

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Without a doubt. That lady on the documentary was an idiot.

7. Commodore

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Well, they were against the made-up story of a big city DA making life terrible for this innocent millionaire just trying to hide from all the press. So yeah, it didn't look great.

9. Two Sandwiches

And completely bought the defense's notion that what was done after the crime held no weight in the crime itself. Screw that. You're not going to dismember someone and dump them in the ocean after they accidentally got shot during an argument.

The only thing the defense had was the fact that they couldn't prove it was not self defense. But for the jury, that should have been negated by the fact that the defendant purposefully hid the piece of evidence that would prove that...

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Wow. I just binged watch the fck out of this show and it was one of the most fascinating things I've seen. Never even heard about this story. I was only interested because of the Galveston angle and this blew my mind. Groundbreaking and possibly something that won't be duplicated again. Its so surreal, plays out like a real life hollywood movie. Powerful stuff.

Imagine if he gets off again!

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I don't know how well the prosecutors argued the point that he went back to steal the head. It seemed to me that the well-paid defense attorneys had the experience and oratory skills on their side. I forgot which one, but one of those guys admitted himself that the justice system is flawed in the favor of those with wealth, but that's just how it goes and he's part of it. It's also interesting to see those attorneys with some humanity...like when presented with the damning evidence, even though they were still defending Durst on camera, it was not this over-the-top souless all-in defense of Durst that is portrayed in movies and even by real life defense lawyers on tv. There was a kind of sadness there.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Thought the same exact thing. "Bob has just been so unlucky". Ugh.

13. Anticope

Anticope Member

I just finished watching the series and there were so many things that blew my mind. First of all, how can that Galveston jury possibly be that incredibly stupid? The guy shoots his neighbor in the head, saws his body to pieces and then gets rid of the head separately so that it can't be found and they actually believe that it was done in self defense?!? And then those 2 morons from the jury interview for this documentary and are still just as dumb and naive as they were 14 years ago. Second of all, the stepson (or whatever you would call him) of Susan Berman actually befriending Durst after her death, having him pay for his tuition and even showing up with him to the first interview was just mind boggling. I honestly think the guy might have had some mental or financial problems or something because I just don't know how he can defend Durst like that. Or maybe he was just so close to the situation that he couldn't think straight, I don't know.

Lastly, and I think this has been overlooked because of all the other craziness of the situation, but I think that Durst's family knows, or at least has an idea, what happened to Kathleen Durst. Their coldness and complete disregard towards her family (as well as everything else surrounding the case) speaks volumes. I think they have a pretty good idea what happened and at the time thought it would hurt their empire too much, so they tried to help cover some things up. Douglas Durst just seems like almost as big of a creep as Robert. Overall, fantastic television and hopefully this is the end of this psychopath's unbelievable luck.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I forgot this was the crazy guy who lived in Galveston... wow.

15. Commodore

to be fair, the Galveston jury may not have been presented the facts the way they are presented to the viewer

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They were presented with body parts, a motive and a missing head that Durst might ass we'll have admitted to removing from the crime scene after the other body parts didn't sink to the bottom.

Troy Davis and Adnan Sied were convicted with less evidence.

17. Two Sandwiches

Absolutely they do. At least Seymour and Douglas do, it seems. Why else would they have sat in on lawyer meetings? And the second he was arrested, Douglas tried to distance himself. Also, makes more sense as to why Bob wanted to kill Douglas right away after Galveston.

18. bongman

bongman Member

Unfortunately, he was not charged with any of those . He was only charged with murder where his lawers claimed self defense. It's still a head scratcher why the DA chose not to do that.

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Damn crazy show! Wife and I watched the first 3 episodes on Monday night and finished the last 3 last night. Unbelievable the way he got away with murder in Galveston. Dursts dresses up as a mute woman and then kills a guy and cuts him up with a saw they find in his car and dumps the body in Galveston Bay and gets off clean.

The way the rest of the episodes play out, with the letter and the confrontation about it and then him talking to himself with the mic on just blew my mind. I heard the guys that did the interview didn't even listen to the audio while he went to the bathroom until 2 years later. Is that true?

20. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Shocking series. Just shocking.
    Can't believe he got away with it for so long.
    Plenty of holes in the Kathy disappearance. Oh, they had marital problems. Hmm, let's see. She probably just ran away. Great police work.
    The case is reopened and the DA wants to talk to his mouthpiece Susan. Boom, she's dead. Strange.. And then the whole Galveston fiasco. Damn, how can people be so stupid. Amazing.