1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] Mike Judge's Silicon Valley

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tallanvor, Apr 7, 2014.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

just caught up on the first 6 this weekend, this show is hilarious.

it's so great how Judge picked up 15 years where he left off with Office Space, down to the scene where they are interviewing everyone about what it is they actually 'do' for the company, which left his best friend out of the equation for a moment (until he took the 6 figure salary from the Hooli guy)

the names of the companies and their pitches are hysterical.

I love Goolybib's integrated multi platform functionality. Yeah!!

on a sadder note- Christopher Evan Welch, the wonderful actor who plays Peter Gregory, died from lung cancer in December just months before his breakout role in this series. he was a really fine actor, I saw him live in a David Mamet world premiere and he carried the show just like he does in the scenes he steals in Silicon Valley.

I haven't researched much, but the creators will have to figure out a way to write his character out of season 2, which just got picked up by HBO.

#81 across110thstreet, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

"This will revolutionize the industry and make the world a better place."

EVERY company basically ending their segment with that made me real life cringe. I've been to waaay to many of these trade shows, heard it, loathe it.

"You're gay for my code. You're code gay." lol'd. Also loved the new excuse as to why Peter Gregory couldn't show up, "He's on a Safari with Lorne Michaels and Kanye West." :grin:

3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Last night's episode was the best so far I think. I'm feeling comfortable again that this might work.

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

The company that microwaves their skin is so WIN!

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

thanks for that link. wow, so the references to him being on an island and on safari were after the actor had already died. I wonder if they will have to wrap it up in the finale, which looks like more of the tech conference, or if they will wait until season 2.

I'm all caught up now. bachmann cracks me up. very funny show

6. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

So much promise, but so meh.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I was a little concerned after episode 5, but the last 2 episodes have been really funny. Still watching...

8. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Surprised no one mentioned tonight's episode (the season finale). It was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time - the whole debate leading to the revelation - if you watched you know what I'm talking about (d2f).

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Just watched it, thought it was hilarious. I agree it was one of the funnier episodes as well. They acknowledged the actor who passed away during the credits as well.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The in depth analytics of jerking off a crowd full,of people had me rolling, lol

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

which one?

which one?

which one?

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Probably the best episode of the year. The jerk off equation/formula was hilarious. Loved it, ready for season 2.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Looool. That guy kills me, I feel so bad for him. No one even noticed he was gone for 4 days.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yea...I'm totally hooked on this show. Loved the episode last night. What a great way to come down from GoT.

Whomever is coming up with this stuff...keep smoking whatever you are smoking. :grin:

15. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Yeah. When the guy asked the female reporter how long it would take her to jerk off every guy in the room, and that he knew exactly how long it would take him and he could prove it...that was a fantastic line.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

That final episode was the kind of cohesive nerd fantasy / geek humor they were kind of missing the mark on in the beginning.

The writing had synergy between plot, dialog and characters.

Good stuff.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

You mean MANIPULATING DATA.

Def best episode by far. Sucks it was the last one of the season. Mike judge can't lose.

19. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Really enjoyed this show, glad it's already been picked up for a second season.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Didn't think I'd like it, but I really enjoyed the entire season. Humor was good too.