1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] Mike Judge's Silicon Valley

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tallanvor, Apr 7, 2014.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're trying too hard.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

How are we getting complaints on the ending? The show is absolutely fantastic.

Ive heard complaints that they are still in the house and they're basically right where they were after season 1, etc... However, I think many are failing to realize that what they depict is actually how the majority of companies progress (which, from the outside, looks like no progress).

That's the life of a start up online company. Im living it right now...two years in and our product keeps evolving based on consumer demand...got an office space, then thought that we dont really need office space since we are doing the work on the internet, and can just do it anywhere we please...so now we just work on our own time from wherever. Then you get funding, and before you know it, you are running low on money and do another round of funding...then you run low and need more money. That's how it goes down in real life. Many successful companies take many years to become something special. Pied Piper is still in infancy.

Besides, what is actually happening with the company isnt what makes the show great/not great...its the characters, the scripts, the way they interact with each other...those are the things that are hilarious and will keep me watching, regardless of what happens with Pied Piper.

1 person likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its not just that, its how they do it. They try way too hard to make Richard look like a b****. I mean, he blurts out that the numbers are fake to Urlich (for the first time) in the middle of their deal? Its too forced...we get it...he's clumsy and makes stupid mistakes, but they have made his character a big enough p***y at the right times for the plot to wind back where they want it to be. I don't have a problem with anybody else, but Richard's character is just terrible.

Before the last 2 episodes of this season this was the best show on T.V period--if they wanted adversity they didn't have to have everything going up in flames just like it does at the end of every season, leaving a glimmer of hope for the next thing they are going to have going up in flames 2 episodes before the end of the next season because Richard effs up once again.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I was responding to your initial comments about the show and and the concept of fake nerds, and explaining my opinion.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm well aware of what you were doing.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I turned off halfway through an episode (5 or 6?) and haven't looked back. I saw which way it was going, I had the same problems with the second season. A spectacular sequence of events to make everyone downtrodden.

They don't have to keep losing to be funny. They could win every now and then. Larry won in Curb Your Enthusiasm and those were the funniest episodes.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yep. None of the PhD candidates or post docs I knew had ever seen the inside of a comic book shop, or spent all day playing video games. Life was working, smoking and drinking.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They did win. You missed it! Was hilarious.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Why not just bounce? Why the announcement to quit the show in the message board. Why the follow up posts in the thread? Will you be back next season?

Honest questions that I am fascinated by.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

maybe they checking to see if others with similar views have changed their opinion. give show another try if its the case

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Because it's a thread for a discussion about the show.
    Why ask such a silly question? Were you expecting an equally dumb answer?

12. across110thstreet

If they swore off the show, promised they were done, gave it another shot then came back next season , why all the drama?

If you're done with a show, be done with
    My point and post is for those who have to go out of their way to declare that they are finished watching a show, and then they are back for the following season and its ensuing thread, essentially crying wolf

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

This, I never watched the last episode of dexter or the last 2 episodes of TWD because I had (mostly) made up my mind and wanted to see if it was trending in the direction I thought it was. Based on the posts in the threads, I saved myself from 3 hrs of time wasted.

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Its a thread about the show, pretty open ended discussion.

Why do you care so much?

15. across110thstreet

See you next season!

16. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Great show -- probably my favorite of comedies out right now.

Not going to get in to an argument with those who aren't a fan - to each their own.

Would highly recommend this show to people who haven't seen it. Bachmanity LLC for the win!

1 person likes this.
  17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

And? People are entitled to change their opinion.

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This. Although the last 3 episodes have been somewhat depressing I still sit down excited to watch every Sunday that it's on and will watch each episode at least 2-3 times again. HUGE fan, LOVE Bachman.

BTW- Change your name. It looks like I'm responding to myself.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I love this show. I recognize so much of what I have experienced myself in this show.

20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Anyone else think that Richard's character may be not so loosely based on Morey?

1 person likes this.