1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] “Right America: Feeling Wronged” by Pelosi

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Bandwagoner, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/ScheduleServlet?ACTION_DETAIL=DETAIL&FOCUS_ID=680932

I saw this and while most of it was p*rn for liberals and people who like to rub it in the face of those who lost (probably 80% was this) there were some actual decent moments. Pelosi probably tried to get her credibility with the "honest" moments.

To her credit most people who show up at the rallies that she covered are extreme so it was probably hard to show a balanced view and not just the racist views (although going to a nascar race was an obvious ploy to get "I hate black people" quotes)

The best best part of the whole thing was this

She is filming and this older poor looking black man is sitting down and totally intellectually owns her. He said something to the effect of "You come all the way down here from NYC to show some white kid saying n**** just to show there is racism int he south. You think they don't say n**** in NYC or LA? Racism is everywhere. Shame on you!"

I mean he gave it to her. It really made me feel good to have someone defending the south.

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you should live in new york. i walked back from kid drop off the other day w/ a woman whose husband is from birmingham, and all she could talk about was how "everyone went to church" down there, and it made her really uncomfortable when they went to visit.

because no one in nyc goes to church, or synagogue, or mosque...

...or carnegie hall to hear the dali lama...

#2 basso, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  3. Bandwagoner

I really hope that whole scene gets up on youtube. I know it shook her or made her think otherwise it would not have been in there.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

why would she be in nyc if she was doing a documentary on right america? yes, i know there are republicans in nyc, but that'd be like doing a documentary on liberals in america and starting in georgia.

5. Bandwagoner

you disagree with the guys harsh feelings toward her?

6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Hmm..maybe she could shoot in NYC in order to NOT perpetuate a stereotype. I've met some very conservative people from NY and some very liberal people from Texas. I've also met some VERY racists hard core democrats and many, many minority Republicans. But perpetuating an out-of-date stereotype helps her cause. There are easily just as many racists in the north as there are in the South.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

so it's a stereotype that the south is more conservative than liberal?

8. Bandwagoner

You are off track now. The part you quoted was about racism in the south, not conservatives or liberals.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

but she wasn't down there to film a documentary about racism. if she was and only went to the south, then the old man has a point. she's in the south because that's where more republican/conservative supporters are located.

10. Bandwagoner

you need to see the documentary. She was filming people say racist slurs (which is what the guy saw, he was not an old man LOL,)

And she was asking racial questions all the time like at nascar. Are you ready for a black pres etc.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

you said "older poor looking", hence the old.

i will check out the documentary.

12. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

nice post basso.

and for the record, i can't stand pelosi.

13. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

My favorite part was when she interviewed the three guys camping out at a NASCAR race. Trio of assclowns. :D

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Why is she doing a documentary? Is this an attempt to buttress her reputation with an Al Gore stunt?

15. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's nancy's daughter.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh.