1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hayes Makes T-Mac look like a wuss IMHO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shaggylambda, Nov 8, 2008.

1. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6101409.html

On his shoulder
    Rockets forward Chuck Hayes returned to the Rockets rotation on Friday, a day after his left shoulder briefly popped out of the socket as he picked up his sixth foul defending LaMarcus Aldridge.

Hayes has had problems with that shoulder since playing high school football and suffered the same injury during a training camp practice when reaching in to defend Joey Dorsey.

“When I retire and get old, I’m pretty sure there is going to be a lot of pain,” Hayes said. “I’ve had this since I was 16. It’s not really an injury. It’s just wear and tear, I guess.

“It doesn’t hurt so much when it pops out. When it pops back in, it really hurts. I drop my shoulder, and it goes back in. It will sting for a few hours, but then I do the exercises and get the treatment and it will be fine.”

WoW. He just pops it back in, goes to treatment, and returns to the rotation the a day or 2 later. I might be compairing apples to oranges when talking about Hayes's ailments vs. Tracy's injury woes, but Hayes doesn't seem to complain much about any of his injuries. On the other hand, I hear constant whining from Tracy. Is it my imagination, or do you guys feel the same way?

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

are you saying shane's a wuss? or landry last yr when he REFUSED to come back a little earlier?

do we really have to go through all these things just to say tracy's soft/weak?

and btw, chuck hayes is a BEAST

3. DPballer

DPballer Member

Wow, another article that turns into more unnecessary T-Mac hate.

Read the quote. Hayes had this since he was 16. He knows how to deal with it when it happens.

How would Hayes perform if he had Tracy's injuries? Not too well given how Hayes needs to be real agile with his feet to be a good defender.

4. i3artow i3aller

T-Mac is such a wuss and that is why he played great during the Utah series despite needing multiple surgeries. Honestly, he didn't even keep us in that series and we'd have been better off just letting him go.

If Chuck was a double amputee, he would still play better than T-BACK at 100 percent.

5. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Actually, I don't think I've heard Shane complain much about his injuries. Landry refused to come back early seems like a prudent thing to do, but I don't believe he was crying about it.

6. t_mac1

larry bird REALLY declined and was forced to retire when his back went out; larry johnson basically become a shell of himself.

tracy dealt with his back problems and is still performing at an all-star level (20-23ppg, 5-6 apg) for us and people still doubt his toughness. for him to miss only 15-16 games the past 2 yrs despite fighting multiple injuries should really quiet all this nonsense.

unfortunately, it hasn't. tracy makes himself an easy target i guess. but if people actually see how tracy plays through those injuries, they would know more than to say things like this.

7. bewy

bewy Member

Topic creater isn't a real fan.

8. t_mac1

i don't doubt shane at all.

but let's imagine a person say this: an ankle? you're telling me he's missing all this time and not even practice yet ON A FREAKIN' ANKLE? toughen up please. how sensible is that?

but yet that's the kind of talk we heard about tracy when he dealt with his knee last yr. people say, "you're missing 2-3 weeks for a freaking knee bruise? man up please."

if tracy was crying about it, he wouldn't play; he wouldn't rush back several times; he wouldn't forget about them and play utah in the jazz series.

9. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

the chuck wagon is great. t-mac's great also. the op on the other hand looks like a hater imho.

10. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I'm glad you can read whats in front of you. Let's try to go beyond that shall we. Knowing how to deal with it is one thing. I have a dislocation problem with my right elbow and it hurts like the dickens everytime it happens. Puts me out for at least a week.

Not Tracy hating as much as I'm saying Hayes is a soldier. But yeah....Tracy hating just a little. :D

11. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Please teach me how to be a real fan. You can have my ticket stub from game 2 of the HOU-NYC championship series. Do a good job and you can have my SI magazine Championship comemorative edition from that series. But you can't have my 16 game ticket package from this year.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is wonderful we have real Rockets fans who respects Tarcy McGrady and loves him as a basketball player. You just have to respect what T-Mac has been doing for the Rockets this year! I highly respect his play in the playoffs last year and when Yao went down last year.

13. Ismail

Ismail Member

Tracy McGrady isn't even mentioned in the article, it was a bit tasteless to hit a man when he goes down. Does anyone seriously believe T-Mac isn't playing well just becuase? The guy who, when healthy in Orlando and his first season in Houston, was putting up close to MVP numbers? I am sure McGrady is pushing himself as best he can, and he's not playing at his best every game because he's just not the player he used to be (injuries + age).

More on-topic, Chuck Hayes is a beast.

14. bewy

bewy Member

Just put into account taht T-mac has a whopping 11 degree of scoliosis and trust me..as a person who has only 9 degree, it's really really tough and painful.

15. 1onewonjuan

1onewonjuan Member

when youre a big you can handle a lot more physical punishment than a guard can.

tmacs notta wuss. he always plays hurt and still puts up superstar numbers. if he can play 100% or close to it he should be quite frightening to defend.

and if you think hayes is the only basketball player thats gonna be in pain after he retires than you are OUT OF YOURE FUCING MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Akim523

Akim523 Member

tru warrior

17. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I don't doubt that he is doing the best he can. I accept, that under the conditions, he is putting up the best effort that he can at this point. Just hearing him talk about his injuries in the manner that he does, it sounds like sulking. As far as opinions go, I'd rather see him suck and not hear him pointing to this injury or that injury.

18. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

Why can't we praise iron man Chuck without bashing McGrady?

19. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

yeah, of course! Don't let people know what kind of injury you have, tmac, just play bad because basketball ethics guru shaggylambda said so. Basically its, tmacs soft because of his tone when he talks about injuries. I'm convinced!

20. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

This thread title states the obvious.