1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks shopping Paul Millsap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 2, 2016.

1. hakeemthagreat

First I don't think you guys fully appreciate Anderson like you should. Anderson's range and reputation alone creates space for Harden to operate. He is part of the reason Harden can get any shot he wants out there. He's also part of the reason Harden's having his best year. You can replace him with Milsap but we won't have the same spacing we have with Rhino. Anderson is probably the best stretch 4 in the league. Saying Wiltjer can do 90-95% of what Anderson does is definitely a insult to Anderson. Wiltjer has no stepback, no post moves and can't rebound or defend.

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Millsap is absolutely a role player, if he played in the West Millsap would be behind LMA, Blake Griffin, Anthony Davis, Townes, etc. I think he's just a more balanced version of Ryan Anderson. The East is just weak and pathetic as always. BTW he's not the best PF in the east that would be horford.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree with Holic why would any team send a first for Millsap if he doesn't commit long term? The demand for 34M is also dumb and basically scares every team from making a trade because that basically means they have to pay Millsap his 34M or he gets insulted and signs with another team for less.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Hawks gonna Hawk.

Tha_Dude, Vivi and craguin like this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Hawks gonna be ok now that they got rid of that "cancer" Korver!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. Newmans_Own

Newmans_Own Member

I don't know...you would take Horford over Porzingis?

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Good. He's a good player and we had no chance to get him, so glad he won't end up with any one else that could mess with us.

Tha_Dude and Richie_Rich like this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So the Hawks are trying to claim that they're still contending after basically just handing their best shooter to the Cavaliers?? What in the bloody **** do teams like Golden State and Cleveland do for these other teams that makes them so willing to help them out?? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Pen15clubber, Tha_Dude and hakeem94 like this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

In other words, teams weren't willing to pony up what the Hawks were demanding in trade for Millsap. Plus Dwight Howard, their I'm-still-a-star man-child, probably complained behind the scenes. So see if the team can still compete and hold off until the deadline when Millsap will magically appear in trade rumors again.

And the media lived happily ever after. The End. (Not.)

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No one is paying premium prices for expiring contracts.

basketballholic likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. ROXTXIA

And will bolt in the offseason.

Yeah, hard to trade a valuable player who's essentially an expiring.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well those guys have more talent but he's still easily a top 5/10 in his spot, the argument that "he's just a more balanced version of Ryan Anderson" eh, i don't know what are you trying to say...he's just better overall period, you can say Klay Thompson is just a more balanced version of Korver using that logic, but it doesn't make that much sense imo. You pick Klay Thompson over Korver any day.

Horford has been a center for years now btw.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yup, i have a hard time believing that he'll stay there to play with Dwight after they tried to trade him two times.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

collusion, money under table

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Porzingis is a straight up C he's like 7'1 and I think he'll grow even taller considering he's so young. Horford is like only 6'10, 6'9 really if you don't count his shoes.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well Klay Thompson can basically do everything Korver can and much more, he's basically a superstar version of Kyle Korver considering he's also above average defensively and can hit mid range shots in addition to shooting 3's.

Millsap and Anderson are about the same in talent level, Millsap is better defensively but Anderson is much better offensively, it's not even close Millsap hits 3's at 32% which is like 10% lower than Anderson right now. On this team Millsap would be much worse offensively because when the dude hits just 32% he would be like the worst 3 pt shooter on the starting roster, you definitely won't be able to have him stay at the 3 pt line all game long and expect him to score more than 12 pts without wasting a lot of shots. And take note Anderson got his stats playing in a star loaded PF conference, all those guys I mentioned are in the West and Anderson has to face all of them 3x. In the East, Millsap has to face against scrubs if he has to face guys like Griffin and Davis every other night I don't know how bad his performance is gonna suffer. Look at Jrue Holiday, was actually an All Star in the East, got traded West and now nobody knows about him LOL. Same thing with Dwight compiled 20-20's in the East, went West and barely has a double double. It's that bad.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They dump two BIG contributors to eastern conf teams who they are COMPETING with for picks, they lose two BIG contributor in Horford and Carroll through free agency. Now they have their best player in Milsap, who's is getting old, hasn't won any rings, is expiring, going to be asking for a lot of money, who they have almost traded TWICE which is public knowledge, now they put him on the market again PUBLICLY and now pull him off the market to apparently compete with hopes of keeping him on their middling team.

What direction is the team going? Why trade Teague to the Pacers who are neck and neck with them in the standings right now, why trade Korver to the biggest threat in the east if they want to win? Why trade them for picks if they want to win? I am confuse!

Hawks should just trade us Milsap and start the rebuild in my modest opinion.

da_juice likes this.
  19. da_juice

da_juice Member

They're just a screwy organization with no sense of direction.

20. ROXTXIA

I still guess that they think they can squeeze more boogers out of some team or another at the trade deadline. They're asking too much and teams are offering too little. Milk the season a bit, pretending you haven't give up so Atlantans will still buy tickets to the games, then see what shakes out, if anything, at the deadline. If you have to keep Millsap, you watch him walk in the summer, and trade Dwight.

Vivi likes this.