1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks shopping Paul Millsap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 2, 2016.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The only deal I see making sense for the Hawks from us would be Anderson + one or a combo of Harrell/Dekker/KJ + pick

Not sure if it would make sense for us, i'm pretty split, dealing for Milsap would have a lot of risk, but the potential of the upgrade is attractive.

2. bongman

bongman Member

They are asking for a 3 pt shooting SF and pt guard that averages 13/game. You willing to give up Ariza and Gordon + pick for somebody who is a UFA after the season - meaning he might be a rental?

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Just checked out the trade machine

If hawks take on brewer there could be a

Houston gets gay
    Hawks get collision , mclemore and picks from Houston
    Kings get milsap and KJ

You are welcome morey!

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

we should inquire about Sefolosha... just saying

HayesIsBack and robbie380 like this.
  5. Lightsnowaction

No. In fact, I rather look to upgrade a C, but not until I know where Clint is as a player. The rim protection and rebounding is our biggest need.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I would think Orlando still has interest. Millsap did sign there; Atlanta matched the offer sheet. That was more than a year ago, so Atlanta could trade him there.

Given our interest in Elfrid Payton and maybe others on the Orlando roster, I can see Houston stepping in on that deal.

Ming The King likes this.
  7. awc713

awc713 Member

100%. Solid lengthy wing defender will be a nice piece come playoff time.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah i agree, Ryan is doing ok, Millsap is just a better player overall though...eh, i don't really know, how much money is he going to ask for his next contract, how much would be his first year on a 4 year max deal? @larsv8

Oh, btw i would never trade Anderson AND Dekker for him, not even if he agrees to a new deal today.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I think if we were to do a 3 way trade it would be for one of Sacs big men, not rudy "bout to show the world hes on KDs level" gay

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I can't stand Bogut, but he would be a good rental and we know he is available.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He is a 10+ year vet, so he would get the highest amount possible, slightly less than 35% of the cap. Projections are the cap will be 102m, so year, about 35m.

I just don't think any Milsap trades are feasible. He is a great player, in a vaccum, but it just doesn't fit with age, position, cost, etc.

Vivi likes this.
  12. basketballholic

We are not interested in Elfrid Payton.

13. basketballholic

It will be interesting to see if anybody pops a first rounder for Millsap. Can't see it happening without him opting in to next year. And I see no reason for him to opt in to next year when he can likely secure at least, at least 4/80 this summer.

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

But we are in Ricky Rubio?

Vienna Calling, J Sizzle and RudyTBag like this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They got a first rounder for Korver.

Unless they are getting valuable players back, they will get a first round pick for Millsap.

malakas likes this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

#FreeBirds!

17. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

The Pelicans offer a 2018 1st + philly 2017 2nd

18. basketballholic

Certainly......If he commits to stay with the team trading for him. Toronto isn't going to throw away their first for a rental. And I can't see Millsap committing to stay in Canada. I could see him committing to stay here though. New Orleans angle is he would be close to home. But all the same there's no way they're going to give up their pick without knowing Millsap wants to stay there.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Tipjar bet? I'm wagering that the team that trades for him gives up a first round pick OR they give up attractive players.

Also, why are you even mentioning us? We don't have the salary to put together for Millsap unless we include Ryno. They aren't doing some silly deal where we trade for some random player on their team and then they cut Millsap.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Ehhh...... the Raptors would definitely trade a #1 pick for half a season of Millsap. The Raptors are all in.... I don't know where you are getting your information from but the Raptors are very interested.