1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks explore trading Josh Smith

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 5, 2010.

1. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

when youre wide open and can slash and dunk on 3 ppl I dont thin his shot would matter

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Bosh thing does not pan out, going after Josh Smith might be a great plan B.

His contract looks good for his production (next 3 years 11-12-13 M). He can play the 3/4.

And the assets used to acquire him might be less than what we would have used on Bosh. Something like Ariza+Hill+Andersen. We could keep the Picks, Scola, Budinger, Battier. That would then give us another asset play at the Trading Deadline in February with Jeffries+Battier expirings + Picks for another blockbuster trade.

Just a thought. =)

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

yeah I'm sure that strategy will work everytime :rolleyes:

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Smith can be a dumbass at times, but he has very good athletic ability.

I have wanted him for a long time, but I am not sure he is sharp enough and in control enough, to play for Adelman, in the R&React offense.

DD

5. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

thats inaccurate.. Smith has no shot, Scola has a better jumper wat u talkin bout? Scola has a ton of heart but Josh Smith isnt lacking i that dept tho, its more of the pathetic culture in ATL.. everything else bout his sho blocking/athleticism are correct

6. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

I didnt say that, but I know it would work more times than not.. fail, on ur attempt at sarcasm

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I believe he can learn. The thing about the Hawks is that he has been playing under an offensively inept coach. In my opinion, what a lot of players need is structure. Of course, you will always have those morons/knuckleheads who just don't get it (JR Smith being one example) but I think Smith could actually improve even more. The fact that he took the initiative to try to learn from Hakeem and he also stopped taking the long ball, really shows that the kid knows that he can be better at basketball if he just works hard.

I definitely would not mind Josh Smith here and given the fact that Scola, Brooks and Martin can all hit a jump shot, I believe Smith would work out here. He could slide over to the three. I know it's a long shot, but an Ariza/Hill/Andersen (plus the Knicks 2012 pick) would actually give the Hawks some balance. Hill could eventually become a five for them all he needs it's a little bit of muscle.

8. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

hes maturing and getting better every yr tho, as evidenced by his attempting zero 3 pointers this entire past season hes almost a finished product RA can get him there I believe.. if this was 3 yrs ago I wouldnt be inclined to wanting him.. but this is jus wishful thinking

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

ummm no it's not going to work more times than not

defenses will gear to keep Josh out of the box and dare him to take the outside shot, and no Josh won't be dunking on 3 ppl more times than not LOL

one highlight dunk on the Rockets and the fanboyz are forever licking his nuts :rolleyes:

10. been_exed

been_exed Member

11. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

if ur gona be an ass about it then Id rather not discuss this.. if ur not 15 yrs old then u seriously need to grow up.. we have MULTIPLE shooters on this team it would never be on Smith to have to hit outside shots, AB, Martin or Bud would make them pay.. nobodys lickin anyones nuts stfu immature little dude.. they need to ban ppl like u

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I would love Josh Smith on our team - only as a back up. And you can't justify spending that kind of money on a back up.

That said, if Morey decides he fits - I trust Morey.

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He could be our backup center though....

DD

15. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Hawks are so desperate right now, they are begging fans to fill in the seats. We would have to give them Yao, but he's untouchable. I doubt hawks would want some picks a role players? Unless they are trying to save money

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well, you have to trust Morey, but getting Smith would surprise me. Admittedly, I haven't followed him a great deal, but I've always thought he wasn't the brightest lightbulb in the room. Seems like intelligence is an attribute that both Adelman and Morey value a lot.

17. Garner

Garner Member

he played some SF a season or so ago, but it wasn't until they had him stop shooting jumpers did he really become a force. His defense would be nasty alongside Yao.

really, really nasty.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I wish but he is only 6'8.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

DD was making a joke at our height deficient bigs being forced to play center (I think)

20. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

as a 4 you have to consider that his jumper isnt consistent at all, but that might not hurt the rockets as much as you might think. if his defender sags off of him, he can get a good running start to either drive to the rim, pass to yao, or kick the ball back out to 2 good shooters in a.b. or kevin martin. if the other team doubles yao, smith can get an easy path to the rim. scola is great but im not sure if i could pass on j smith if i were morey.

as a 3 i believe he is a definite upgrade over trevor though.i think a package of ariza, hill (who i would keep if possible, but hes from atl and might welcome the deal), and andersen (who we got from atl) should do it.