1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you watched less Rocket games this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cheke64, Feb 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I try to catch as many nationally televised games at the gym as I can. I don't have a TV and internet at my apartment combined with a laptop not equipped for streaming basketball games makes watching every game virtually impossible for me.

But I keep up with every game via game hub and game threads. So thank you guys for that

1 person likes this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, that's about where I'm at. I'd watch more just so much going on in life makes it harder lately. Definitely catch up on highlights on any game missed.

3. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

you had a vcr in 2005?

4. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Rockets fan currently living in San Antonio (previously in Austin).

The only games I get to watch are the nationally televised ones. (EDIT- or if they're playing the Spurs)

I DVR every game I can and watch them two, sometimes three, times.

If you're lucky enough to be able to watch the team whenever you want, but choose not to, I don't know what to tell you.

Root for somebody else, I guess?

Yeah, yeah, League Pass or whatever, but I don't care about the entire NBA.

If I could just buy a Rockets Pass, I'd be down for that.

Basically, gtfo.

It is just you.

5. FEAR THE BEARD

Watched every game I possibly could, if not, then I listened to the radio broadcast. I don't know why you wouldn't, best Rockets team we've had in years. 3 seed in the brutal West, and most of it has been done without Dwight healthy.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Watch every single game, if I miss it and we lose that's the only time I won't watch, can't stomach losses lol.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I had to watch a play when we played golden state for the first time (girlfriends demand)...
    Outside of that I believe I've seen every game.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

To each his own...but why bother being a fan if you don't care to watch the team play?

9. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

If you have time and don't watch you aren't a fan, unless you have a family. If you choose other things in your spare time then you just don't care so don't bask in our glory when we succeed. I watch 75+ and follow them all regardless of where I am, I'll sneak my phone to a meeting at work if I have too. I love this Houston Rockets franchise always have and always will.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Obligations get in the way for all of us, so watching all the games live isn't realistic. I watch probably 85% live, and watch the other ones I miss on DVR. I used to try and remain oblivious to the result, but i usually keep tabs on my phone. Not knowing the result bothered me too much.

But how big a fan can you really be if a Rockets game is on, and you choose to watch something else?

11. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

I have Dish so the move to Root didnt help but I definitely watch all the national games and the games vs.the Mavs on FSSW, I have League Pass but they are blacked out so I watch the archived wins about 3 or 4 days later. Cant stomach spending 3 hours to watch a loss. Luckily there are not many of those.

12. Nivos

Nivos Member

I missed about 3 games this season, thank god to leauge pass. Could never watch that many games as I live abroad.
    And I think I have a crash on Harden, is that wierd?

13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

95%er here.
    thanks BallStreams!:)

14. thiefery

thiefery Member

From Austin, living in Richmond,VA. Seen every game on league pass. Normally I just DVR the games until my girls are in bed then I'll watch it. It's cool since I'm able to.FFW through commercials and halftime show.

BTW I miss the CSN broadcasts. Last night I wanted to throw my bottle at the TV for all the technical difficulties the signal.for.the game had..

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

More often than ever thanks to league pass mobile

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Online league pass has an option for 5 teams only.

17. alcatrazpsycho

Watch out, OP -- you might summon a few internet tough guys with these type of posts!

You're not alone. Maybe you're not a sports fan(atic) anymore? Speaking for myself, the act of watching sports/television lost its luster and I rarely catch any games -- only highlights, if that. And yet, I still lurk the GARM from time to time... it's like no matter how hard I try to let go, the Rockets always stay with me!

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This thread was yet another attempt by this poster to blast the organization. Troll job backfired. I'm not even mad though. I feel sorry for you that your are so blinded by irrational hate that you can't enjoy the best rockets team since the 90s.

19. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

You are busy this year.

I watched almost every game. :p

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No, I watch just as many if not more. Having the Watch apps for TNT, ABC, and ESPN loaded on my Kindle helps when their games are nationally televised and my kid is watching something else on the TV. Man, what I would give for a WatchRoot app.