1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you received your Stimulus money?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Apr 14, 2020.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I am eligible, filed my taxes via bank transfer for the past 7 years, the same lady has done my taxes for the same time frame and nothing has changed and still nothing. I am Leary of using the web site provided by the IRS to find out where it is, nervous to give my SS # and personal data. Guess I will wait and then stimulate the economy...............no money, no stimulation ;)

2. Buck Turgidson

Denis or Timothy?

ROCKSS likes this.
  3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It seems pretty damn silly that the IRS won’t use the bank account info if you owed money...only if you got a refund. Is it that hard to do?

4. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

We had 4 businesses apply - 1 got a yes, 2 TBD, 1 was too late to the game.

I think what is frustrating is that I am seeing businesses that had minimal revenue impact apply - whether they see it as cheap 1% capital or just milking the system. Sort of like the hedge funds, software companies, etc applying.

When they come out with the details on the forgiveness, I hope there is a stipulation that you have to disclose revenues so that some of these freeloaders don't get a free pass.

ROCKSS, Mazulis, CCity Zero and 2 others like this.
  6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I didn't check, work is too long for me to check. Anyway, I asked my friend, she did H&R Block for the taxes and she didn't get it yet. That wasn't the highlight, the fact that she told me her son won't be getting stimulus because of child support with his wife. And he has never left his wife and diaper kids, stays in the same home and bed. She told me that her daughter-in law don't trust him which is why there is child support. Sad, but true.

8. Buck Turgidson

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just spotted the thread. Got it Tuesday. We’re trying to decide what to do with it.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Sorry to say, but if you're not in the "Private Client Group" or a sizable commercial customer...

BOA, or any other national bank, they just will not give a **** about you, ever. You're just a source of fee income and you should expect the worst customer service you could imagine.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, definitely agree.

12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I got mine Tuesday. They shorted me a kid though.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Didn't need the last one, won't need this one and probably not eligible. But still emailing myself job postings every bathroom break and sending out at least one job application a week like I have since sophomore year at Couscous State.

#73 Dairy Ashford, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    Nook likes this.
  14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

My PPP loan was approved yesterday and I should see funds soon.

Edit: it seems like that being funded is not a guarantee at this point even if you were told that an approval was in place

#74 sammy, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    Mazulis likes this.
  15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I went through the same bank that I have my SBA loan with.. Pioneer Bank

I was also told today that the SBA will pay 6 months of my next payments (principal + interest) and I also got 3 months of additional deferment on the loan. My next payment is 01-JAN-2021.

16. Buck Turgidson

Surfguy and VooDooPope like this.
  17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You will have to decide which kid to have “the talk” with and explain to him/her why you are rationing their food for the next two months...all because big brother decided to alter your kid count. ;)

VooDooPope and Blatz like this.
  18. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

Has anyone received the $500 kid allowance even if you are not eligible for the $1200 because you make too much money?

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You were shorted a kid? How could they possibly get that wrong! You probably face many weeks of rescuing that kid from oblivion and getting him/her back to reality. ;-)

VooDooPope likes this.
  20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

How do you know? My accountant doesn’t even know yet how the $ is calculated.