1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you people forgotten about Thomas Robinson?!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 28, 2016.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

So.... I guess every other NBA player shouldn't succeed either after getting a few year worth of paychecks?

You sound like a really jolly person to be around.

The kid lost his mother grandmother and grandfather in a 30 day span he's the sole care taker of his little sister who was like 8 when this happened.

And that happend when he was a 21 year old college student.

He's not a great basketball player but he is a good person and I'd rather someone like him earn end of bench money than the Matt Barnes or the NBA.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

End of bench isn't really succeeding.

I'm just pointing out that he's already made more money than 99% of the population. The rest of what you said is neither here nor there. He sounds like a good guy though.

heypartner likes this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Bill hasn't forgotten, he roughly said 'He doesn't shoot well enough to be out there and he's not big enough to hold down the fort.'

He's essentially forgotten about being potentially viable. The Lakers were stupid for signing him.

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Who out here still remember Bonzi Wells? LMAO

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Doesn't "need" to succeed if "success" is only just making the league.

Though with that thinking, why should we even follow the "success" of a team? Or watch any players or All-Star games since they dont "need" to be there, or even need to TRY to be there? Or get a contract then smoke drug drink and waste career away, making that a precedent for everyone else to do since they already succeeded just getting there?

Or after a Rockets big trade for Blake Griffin next season, he says in the press conference, "OK but, just saying...I don't NEED to "succeed" here, ya know?"

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

To be fair to the Kings T-rob was a consensus top 5 pick, even Chad Ford had him #3 or #2. He was supposed to be a can't miss blue chip instant impact rook, to me this just goes to show how unpredictable the draft is no matter how good a prospect looks you never know how he'll perform in the NBA and I think part of it is that in high school and college none of these kids have developed yet, it's only when they grow up do you realize if they have what it takes to be an NBA player or not.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Not the point. The poster I responded to was saying Robinson needed the money more than most because he and his kid sister had been through a lot.

I agree that's a nice sentiment.

Just pointing out if that's the motivation, he's already "succeeded" as simply getting picked in the lottery of the draft is a multi-million dollar payday.

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Nah. He'll occasionally have a big impact on a game, getting blocks, running the floor and dunking, and providing a spark off the bench that energized the team/crowd. Most of the time he's not great though

9. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

I remember rooting for him vs Kentucky in 2012. Guy was a true underdog.

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Wasn't he the guy that was mad we sent him to the blazers?

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The guy has played for 6 teams in his 4-year NBA career. A fifth of NBA fans remember him.

CometsWin likes this.
  12. gambingo

gambingo Member

If he can shoot 3s, he'll be in the league for a long time.

13. Exiled

Exiled Member

& if he can't, he 'll do well in Boxing,Wrestling etc.

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Pat pat still a soft ass sf tho

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

"Have you people forgotten about Thomas Robinson?!"

Yes. Thanks for asking, though.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

My guy trob has been playing well the past 2 games going on 3 tonight.

He had 4 DNPCD in a row.

Since then he's played 18 and 19 min.

He put up 8 points 12 rebounds and 1 blk in 18 min.

The next game he put up 7 points 11 rebounds and 1 blk in 19 min.

Tonight he's got 4 points 4 rebounds and 1 blk in 8 min and he's been guarding bigs and even switching out on Crawford and forcing him into tough shots that he missed.

He's actually rolling to the hoop and finding shooters in the corner or guys cutting to the rim.

I like what I'm seeing. It seems like Walton has finally got to him and he's playing a way that frankly he should be able to do every night.

He's a good player who I think would be really good in houston in MDA system. He would be a nice bench player 15-20min a game guy in sure he could give us 8/8/1 with some nice ball movement.

Only reason I say this is because he's a cheap contract and if we have to get rid of trez in a trade to get some big fish trob would fill his roll just fine. Trez imo is prob the better prospect but trob can mostly do what trez does now.

Both undersized with long arms Robinson is prob the faster player and better defender but trez has that pick and pop that I don't think trob has yet.

I think trob future is looking up and he will be a productive NBA player moving forward. He's game is better suited to the way teams are starting to play. I like it good for him.

17. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

You better not ask us if we forgot about Jonny Flynn too. Yes we forgot about all the busts that wasted our time!

D-rock likes this.
  18. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Montrezl is already doing what we had hoped T-Rob would several years ago. I was seriously hyped over the guy, because his tools were obvious. They just kept telling him to play like Faried, but he didn't have the scrappiness or confidence. That ship sailed. Like I said, Montrezl has a better chance of being the next "maninal" than anyone in the league.

da_juice and shastarocket like this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Patrick Patterson is Top 10 in ORtg in the league.

Now, question is: Am I trolling the OP @Carl Herrera or helping the OP troll the board more with that post. Troll thread is trolling.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member