1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you had a heart attack yet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Apr 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

In Houston's last 10 playoff games:
    • 8 out of 10 games were decided by 7 points or less.
    • There has only been one "blowout" game so far, and that was game 1 against OKC last year.
    • 3 have gone to overtime, 3 of our last 4 games.
    • Rockets have scored over 100 points 8 out of 10 times.
    • Opponents have scored over 100 points every game.
    If this trend continues, we're all going to die ten years earlier. :p

Seriously though. I'm going to take this as a good sign. Horrible and inconsistent teams trade blowouts with each other. The great teams (Miami, OKC, Spurs) rarely if ever get blown out. Now on the flipside, we have never had a blowout game in our favor (in the playoffs) ever since the James Harden era started, but I'm not too concerned about that. It seems more of a defensive issue, than a talent issue, and also some of a James Harden disappearing in the first round issue.

I felt like we've played like dog****, but if we're really only losing by 3-7 points each time, then at least there is hope for improvement.

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

It might be too late, tbh

3. RedRedemption

You really don't think we'd improve a hell of a lot more improving our bench and/or nabbing a possible third star, and canning McHale for a better coach?

Not to mention I hardly believe Harden is going to blow chunks every single time in the playoffs. He could just be a late bloomer, who knows? Either way, the talent on this team is too high to get catapulted out of the first round every year.

4. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Not heart attack.
    But I need a new TV anyway.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I still have a severe headache that started in the middle of last nights game.

6. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

We just bought a new tv the other day to watch game three.

I was about to throw the remote on that tv after the turnover last game.

That was frustrating.

:mad:

7. i3artow i3aller

About a baker's dozen.

Still got love for da Rockets!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. archinkent

archinkent Member

I am sure if I wasn't a Rockets fan, this series would be incredible to watch.

9. NotChandlerParsons

I'm working up to it.

10. NotChandlerParsons

Me too. My TV keeps showing the Rockets losing.

11. ThaShark316_28

Nope.

After close losses:

[​IMG]

During close games, I smile about it. It's fun. I love this stuff, y'all. When it comes to the Astros, Texans, Horns, Rockets, you name it. These days, close games bring out the kid in me. I enjoy this stuff. I told my pops "that was fun" after games 1 and 4. We lost, but oh well, things happen. No heart attack. I almost feel weird that I don't go nuts inside when we play nail biting games.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I see a trend.:(

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Actually after seeing how Harden was sucking so much, after game two i started preparing for the worst.

14. ironariza

ironariza Member

read my posts

you will attack

i am sure

15. RedRedemption

Damn man.
    I get butterflies before every game, and I get nervous as hell during crunch time.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Seriously, the way these playoffs have gone, it's like Adam Silver is intentionally trying to kill off all Rockets fans. Each and every game we've lost has been in the most painful way imaginable. They reel you in, and keep your hope alive until the very last second when they crush you like the miserable bug they consider you to be.

It's like every night we're going through the Saving Private Ryan knife scene, and Portland are the Germans. If there wasn't a rivalry before, now there is. If I see a guy in a Portland jersey on the street I'm pretty much at the point where I'll cuss him out.

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

No heart attacks just multiple holes in my wall, 2 broken remotes and my neighbours being scared of me now.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Nearly had one during game one, but after game 2 something changed. Almost a sense of resignation. It's like my eyes were opened to what this team really is.

I wasn't nearly as emotionally invested in games 3 and 4, I watched, I cheered, I wanted us to win, but other than the Daniels 3, and the Lin TO, I really haven't been that emotional the last 2 games, positive or negative, at least not nearly compared to my normal playoff emotions over the last 20 years.

This team has sucked the life out of me like no team I've ever seen.

19. egriffin1

egriffin1 Member

**** is killing me!

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm the same. Of course I pull hard for my Rockets like I've been doing for the last 30+ years. But I'm not as emotionally invested as I was in my younger days.

I feel like we're the better team, but the blazers are playing smart and we're playing DUMB. That's why they're up 3-1 and while I'm upset, I'm not ready to slit my wrists or anything...

It kills me to say this about my beloved Rockets.....but when you play DUMB, you don't really deserve to win.