1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

have you ever seen someone disappear

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by legacygt777, May 26, 2018.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

What part of "defensive liability" do you not get?

2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

That does nothing but hurt us.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok he had one good plus minus game first game of the season what about since then? By far the worst plus minus of our bigs since the playoffs started.

You talk about Harden disappearing what about Anderson? It is a miracle if that p***y shoots more than 3 times night wtf just stop this madness.

Reeko likes this.
  4. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Ryan be like: "I’ve mastered the ability of standing so incredibly still (at the three point line) that I become invisible to the eye. Watch."

5. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Yea. You’re right. Do more of what we did tonight. That worked well.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

So? Just because what we did tonight didn't work well doesn't mean playing Anderson would work hell. There is no logical reason to play a defensive liability who is hesitant to shoot, what part of Anderson's 0 0 0 on 0% FG and -9 plus minus in 6 mins made you think playing him is a good idea?

Hey, why not play Joe Chee 30 mins then and have Capela take 20 three point attempts? If we do more of what we did tonight then it won't work well, we gotta do something different!

7. mockster

mockster Member

He’s always been trash. He’s one diminseal and people actually guard him in playoffs

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

40 million stretched over 5 years
    Means 8 million against the cap per year

Rocket River
    Tough decisions

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i don't blame MDA here, Ryno won't ****ing shoot. GG does, therefore GG gets more minutes

10. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I believe my first sentence was something like we should have reintegrated him. Yea it is too late now to realistically think he could make a difference. But part of our 65-17 was him starting at power forward. So he helped in some way don’t you think.

I just think allowing him to rot all this time has cost us an asset that might have actually helped.

Too late now. Game 7 is tomorrow and we are crippled. It will take a 42-45% from 3 kind of game on 40 attempts and a whole lot of heart to win this with Paul gone. His injury was just a giant kick in the nuts and a lucky break for those s*** heads from Oakland.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

If we tried to "reintegrate" him it is highly doubtful we would even make it to game 7, a couple of the wins were just by 1 basket so if you had negative plus minus Anderson out there we would have lost.

Anderson is strictly a regular season player, ok he contributed in the regular season so what? Last year he went from 40% 3 pt in regular season to 28% 3 pt in the playoff, will a 28% 3 pt shooter who is also a defensive liability lead to wins or losses? This year he is just as bad if not worse, I can totally understand benching him because dude just can't buy a bucket and is scared to shoot. You realize he played 6 mins last game right? He had 0-1 FG no rebs no assist no blocks no nothing. So if you play him 20 mins you just get 0-4 and a big fat L.

Reeko and ak99999 like this.
  12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It's crazy to think if Ryan Anderson had less money everyone including himself would be happier. If all we offered him was 4 years $48mm, he'd probably be in the rotation and playing with confidence...

for the Kings.

roslolian likes this.
  13. ak99999

ak99999 Member

I thought it would be about Capela. 30 minutes and 2 points.

14. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

The bad side of giving someone the max, you never know if they are on the steep decline.