1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you ever played Disc Golf?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DarkHorse, Feb 25, 2013.

?

Play disc golf?

1. All the time!

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Play a little

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Sounds fun, never played

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Sounds stupid, won't try

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Over Christmas my brother took me out to play disc golf with him up in Tomball. I'd messed around with it a couple of times, but I had no idea what I was doing and I never tried more than a couple of holes really. But he actually showed me how to throw it this time, and I started getting some pretty big distances.

So since then, I've been playing pretty heavily, and found out that there's actually a pretty strong disc golf community up in Austin. I've introduced a few friends and coworkers to it, and now I have about 10 people playing regularly with me.

The technique for throwing is surprisingly difficult to learn. It's a lot like a golf swing, but it reverse.

Check out this guy. Some of the pro players are pretty ridiculous.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-myEewq1Ekw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But yeah, if any Austin area ClutchFans ever want to get together and play, hit me up.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

no homo????? :confused:

3. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I play it quite a bit; used to play more often a few years back. Not that great at throwing super long distance like some of the guys out there but it is a very fun thing to do on a great day.

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Yeah, but let's be honest.... no one reads that forum.

:)

Anyway, I've always interpreted the "other sports" forum to be for talking about pro sports other than basketball. We're not really talking about the PDGA here.