1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you changed your mind concerning COVID-19?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by backwardhead, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I think most people didn't think it would this bad... and it's probably getting worse.

We currently have no sports.

You can't dine-in at fast food restaurants... if they're even open. You can't even sit down as the chairs are taped off.

The Dow is plummeting.

Even knowing what happened in China, it still doesn't fully hit you until it happens where you live.

malakas and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I mentioned the shrunken nuts earlier, but the Chinese agency that posted it deleted the entry. They couldn't trace it to the virus, nor did they explain why they autopsied dead people's jewels..

...Uhhh..................

Sucks to live in an unregulated toxic wasteland?

Nook likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

just a little over a week ago, my opinion on Corona was

[​IMG]

then I started seeing grocery stores getting emptied, businesses closing up shop, and cities going on lockdown which had me like

[​IMG]

the number of cases is rising exponentially with no evidence that it will be stopping any time soon

I am not that concerned about me getting it since I’m not in the high risk group, but I don’t want to pass it on to others, and I’m worried about things getting so bad that we see an Italy situation in Houston

I was never a “store essentials and prep for emergency situations” guy, and this has opened my eyes

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, those signs are eerie.

I figured they're posted to make customers more confident the employees are clean, but does it really?

I often see people use the restroom then walk straight out... sometimes #2 at a buffet (that's the absolute worst).

There's often no soap in men's restrooms... and nobody says a thing.

I'll never understand why restrooms with air dryers (no towels) have doors that must be pulled by a handle to exit. Said situation should be outlawed immediately.

#64 Houstunna, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Jontro and Drexlerfan22 like this.
  5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I thought it would be like the swine flu. Bad but not this bad. However, I still think people are overly anxious. Up to 80K people die from the flu annually in the USA alone. I think the economic impact is the biggest issue. This is going to be a recession unless we get this under control quick. Fear is a powerful force.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It hasn't "happened" yet. That's the scary part. Give it about 1-3 weeks and we'll see again how it's going. People had their chance, but are still acting like it's not that big a deal. Hopefully the healthcare system isn't swamped like in Italy.

Jontro, Buck Turgidson, Kim and 4 others like this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This is a good point. I had a friend who told me her bathroom was the cleanest place in the whole house. I thought that was a little obsessive, but then, thinking about typical bathrooms, maybe bathrooms should be the cleanest facility. At least we are then conscious of hygiene

8. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Except it’s 25% - 150% more infectious and 4 - 40x more deadly than the flu. Even at the low end, you’d be looking at 400,000 deaths, and that’s assuming it’s spread out over the year and doesn’t crash the healthcare system and break quarantine efforts, which then takes you to the high end of the range.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00758-2

backwardhead likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's posted because it's the law.

Generally, how restaurants handle their restroom is also how they handle their kitchen. :eek:

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I thought this may become a big deal and prepped ahead thanks to this forum and the prepper thread. It's now an even bigger deal than I thought. I used to think we could get through this pretty quickly, but now I think we're getting the worst of all scenarios: economy halts, most try to social distance, but the millennial and Murica crowd don't but-in and F the elderly and F the healthcare system. I'm now of the mindset that our collective failure will lead to even more restrictions because the S will hit the fan hard.

B-Bob, KingCheetah and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Rapid Onset Oxygen Deficiency

12. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Thanks for this article. Very informative

13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I've been under emotional stress for years causing me to have heart disease etc.... I'm trying to get as healthy as I possibly can to fight it if I get as well as keeping my son and family healthy to do battle if it comes to that... But trying not to contract any strains of it is the best approach. Yes there are supposedly multiple strains.

14. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It might take years for the economy to recover at best when it's all said and done....

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm not doing this for 12 - 18 months so they better figure this sh_t out fast. I will f*cking lose my mind. I don't care how long they think it will take or what their projections are. This sh_t needs to be solved sooner rather than later. With all these countries tackling this, they should be able to get it done.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Insert mental health hotline. We've been dancing on peaks for too long. Society should get in line & understand the privileges bestowed. Act accordingly

B-Bob likes this.
  17. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I was in the same group. What is woke?