1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have Any WMD been found?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Kilgore Trout, Aug 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I have been out of the country and cut off from news most of this summer. I was wondering if any solid evidence of WMD were ever found in Iraq or at least proof they once existed.

Sorry if it sounds like I am repeating common arguments, I am not trying to advocate any position in starting this thread. I have tried to look this up on news sites and couldn't find much.

#1 Kilgore Trout, Aug 28, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2003
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

3. Timing

Timing Member

There are suspicions and conspiracies floating around but no solid evidence of anything yet. Of course it was suspicion that got us into the war in the first place, allegedly, so I don't know that new suspicions matter much more than old suspicions but some would assure us otherwise.

(cue johnheath) :D

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

With time. Despite one, single report that claims the WMDs were "overemphasized" they most likely will be seized. No evidence has emerged totally confirming or dismissing the WMDs.

But we can be satisfied three of the largest Iraqi WMD exploiters have been decommissioned, so to speak. No longer will the innocent in Iraq have to worry if they will be raped, pillaged or murdered by Qusay, Uday, or Chemical Ali.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

you could have just said "no."

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Using this frail logic, Iraqis are still very concerned with Saddam.

8. X-PAC

Those three being accounted for lowers the threat to Iraqis and further convinces Iraqis their future is more promising now. By eliminating the sons it is clear that this regime now will stop at Saddam's capture/ and or liquidation. Not further itself with his sons somehow recapturing Iraq and proceeding with the aforementioned crimes for the next 30 years.

9. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

So, in other words..." Er, no....*cough*...but lookie over here..."

10. X-PAC

Of course not. But progress is being made MacBeth. I didn't say yes or no.

11. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

" But progress is being made MacBeth."

I don't think that anyone is or has said that nothing positive whatsoever has come of our invasion; merely that the argument as advertised has failed to materialize, that the argument itself was faulty, and constructed of manipulation, and that the cost/negative effect of our actions far outweighs the positives.

"I didn't say yes or no."

I believe that that is the point of contention, and shows your slant. The question is " Have WMD been found?" You go on about Saddam's sons, and in your own words avoid answering the question. The answer to the question, to the best of our knowledge, is " No WMD have been found." Maybe ask yourself why you didn't answer yes or no to a direct question...

12. X-PAC

Its very clear no weapons have been found. Everyone before me answered that question. But since I noticed the author of the thread has been away all summer rather than to respond with a simple "no" the only other significant matter of post-war Iraq is the catching of the three most significant members of the regime other than Saddam. This is substantial.

The bias in my response is not of coincidence.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

That's pretty funny.

14. underoverup

underoverup Member

Other than depleted US Uranium or WMD provided by the US used by Iraq in the 80's. There have been no WMD used or found in Iraq, but that was never the main mission anyways--- Iraqi liberation that was always the main goal. :rolleyes: