1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hassan Whiteside

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Nov 25, 2014.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Switch never flipped* but yes.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually the Rockets never looked at him much, he really doesn't fit what they are trying to do with the RGV vipers - he is a traditional back to the basket, defensive center.

He barely got off the bench for the Vipers....

He is finally getting his chance at extended minutes and he has matured, bigs get far more chances than smalls, especially athletic bigs with his wingspan and skills.

Let's see if he keeps it up, he has all the tools - just needs the consistent mindset.

DD

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Agreed. I hate it when a player cannot or will not understand his weaknesses. This is why I always like th hard working blue collared players like Ben Wallace, Malik Rose, Chuck Hayes.

Smith is a very frustrating player to have on your team. And Howard is beginning to annoy me in a similar way. However he was the one person showing some passion last play offs, so I will cut him some slack.

If Howard would stop trying to post up Gobert (which everybody in the arena and on the coach knew would not work), and just be a 1%er Ben Wallace we would be one of the clear favorites.

Off topic how great would it be to have Gobert as our back up center... Unfortunatly that will never happen.

4. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

man watching those highlights made me sad. Dwight will never accept his optimal role. That is upsetting.

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Jesus christ y'all ****ing hate on your own players so much man.

6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Hate? Dwight's post game is hot garbage. That's not hate its reality.

7. DaDakota

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4262/hassan-whiteside

He has gotten consistent minutes in the last 5 games and basically has doubled his numbers....13-10 while shooting 70%....

And now it looks like Miami is leaning towards starting him.

Could be a story to watch - for the year.

DD

8. CertifiedTroll

He looks like the MIP, but I still dislike him. I feel like he is only one rung above Royce White.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Good for him. That said, wrong forum.

10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

May I ask why?

11. CertifiedTroll

I watched a lot of vipers games in past years. He consistently didn't give a ****. He didn't care or try. You can tell he didn't try in practice and had horrid conditioning. I have said it once before, Whiteside made Thabeet look like a work horse.

12. DaDakota

He probably realized he really didn't fit - still it is on him to be productive.

Seems like he fits now.

DD

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Good story. He's in line to get overpaid and quit on his next team.

14. vator

vator Contributing Member

Very impressive stats. Dorsey could NEVER put up a stat line approaching that. That said, I honestly didn't seem him do anything in that latest video that I don't think Capela can't do right now. All he did was set picks and roll to the basket for open dunks. He cleaned up around the basket. He scored on two post moves and the rest was just being in the right places and being available. He got buckets by being tall and athletic. Free Capela lol. Rebound, block shots, set picks, and dunk everything.

15. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Isn't that what we're paying Dwight to do? Let Capela develop his game further in the D-League.

16. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

He's like a better younger Birdman in Miami. Those guys, Norris Cole, Wade, Chalmers, are already used to throwing lobs up for Anderson so it made playing with an athletic big who rolls to the basket much easier.

Put Whiteside on the Clippers if DeAndre Jordan ever gets injured and you'd get a similar replacement. But Whiteside showed none of that willingness to set solid screens and rebound like a 7 foot Beverly when he was here, so I don't regret letting him go.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hassan = Elite stat stuffer

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This Whiteside guy is much better than the rotten Dorsey and he should have been here ahead of the Dorsey.

19. DaDakota

10pts 12 boards last night.

DD

20. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This. This story has happen thousands of times over and over. I can't believe ppl still fall for it. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.