1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hassan Whiteside

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by basketballholic, Nov 27, 2013.

1. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

Did you watch the game? He was subbed out in the 3rd quarter with the Heat leading 60-51... and the Mavs went on a 21-0 run with him on the bench.

Rockets fans hating on Mchale has got nothing on Miami fans hating on Spo... They are ripping him apart on their boards. Even Hubie was implying Spo was incompetent in his substitutions.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Hate to be negative, but did you guys see the FG% of both teams when Whiteside was beasting? Reminds me of Dwight (and Asik's) inflated rebound numbers during his debut with us.

3. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Dude if Whiteside is this good, and continues this play, he's approaching top 20 player in the league status. He's the rarest commodity in the league, a big man who can block shots, rebound and solid finisher at the rim.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not even remotely close. If he was any good Miami would be winning big...

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So he's a poor man's Anthony Davis..

Damn I wish we went after him...

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

we did and he sucked. what can you do.

7. varughese.arun

it hurts me every time i look at his stats

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wtf? If Whiteside was this good and considering they still have Bosh and Wade why is Miami so bad?

Sometimes stats don't indicate how good a player is, maybe Whiteside has more blocks but that's because he lets opponents take the shot so he can block them. Bogut has few blocks but since he plays positional D correctly opponents can't even get a shot off, or when they do they take it in a bad spot so it results in a miss.

Gotta say I find it really funny how some posters overrste guys from other teams. If DMo played in Miami everyone here would be calling him Pau Gasol 2.0 :rolleyes:

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Whiteside is a game changer. The guy rebounds, blocks, and causes lots of problems with his length. On top of all that, he can finish around the rim at a great clip and has a wet jumper.

He's still young on too. Miami has a lot of issues. Whiteside is a big bright spot for them.

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Lol what?

1. Wade is injured. Prior to Wade being injured Bosh was injured for a significant stretch. The Heat need both of those players on the court in order to win consistently.
    2. Have you actually watched Whiteside since he joined the Heat? Or even watched him in the last week if you didn't get to over the last month? Whiteside isn't just getting blocks off the players he is guarding, he is getting blocks off guys that get past the Heat guards and are driving to the lane. He is getting blocks off guys going for put backs and such.
    3. Dude no one is overrating Whiteside. (Discounting "hoopster325". That's only one person and I agree he went overboard with his praise and statement).
    If D-Mo played on any team in the league and was putting up the numbers Whiteside has been putting up lately, he would be getting the same type of praise. Whiteside is breaking Heat big man records left, right and center but you're saying people are overrating him? C'mon bruh.:rolleyes:

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Dude is on an incredible tear. For the month of January he averaged only 23 minutes per game. His stats....

13.6 ppg
    10.6 rebounds
    3.4 blocks

You average that out to 36 minutes and his stats are MVP caliber. The guy is a beast.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nice job Morey :rolleyes:

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

20 pts on 10/17 shooting to go with 9reb and 3blk tonight.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Look at the skillset and moves when posting/facing up, incredible development considering he's nearly been out of the league forever. If he keeps this up constantly he'll be an all-star.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i-pT5eau4K8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Dude I wonder what he did the last off-season or so to turn things around.
    Obviously he got this chance with the Heat and was probably told by people close to him that this may be his last chance but I figure he was putting in major work in the off-season. It's beautiful to see a player turn things around like this imo.
    Great story. Hope he keeps it up, keeps his attitude right and keeps learning and improving.

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He is everything I wish D12 could be for us

17. cheatpnz

cheatpnz Member

could he be mip this year?

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I don't know who hit the switch, but the lights are on in that young man's head now. Can he sustain it? I don't know, but damn his defensive impact his awesome! If starts to score consistently, he'll be a force. Good for him.:cool:

19. downbytheriver

Offer dwight to Miami for Whiteside and their 1st after our early exit this season. Use the cap space on our star PG of the future.

20. HRox832

HRox832 Member

God I want him so ****ing bad...