1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hassan Whiteside

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by basketballholic, Nov 27, 2013.

1. basketballholic

Oh......sophisticated.....rotating....ok. smh

2. basketballholic

More "sophisticated" eh? helping on penetrators. yep, sophisticated.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yep. Totally simple concept that your boy cannot grasp

4. basketballholic

Ok. That's fair. How do you know that?

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Just wondering, have you ever had an account on cfans before? The only posters I have ever seen even talk about Whiteside was you and someone else back in 2010.

6. basketballholic

Yes I have. But I really didn't talk about Whiteside until last year when we got him in RGV. I always felt like he was way too thin to be effective in the NBA coming out of college, basically another Brad Louhas type player. But when I seen him at RGV and realized how much weight he had put on but it wasn't slop weight, that he had put on those pounds with workouts then I really started watching his game.

He has an NBA ready game. He's not going to be a star. But he has an NBA ready game and I'm gonna guess he's better than half the back up center in this league right now. Even if he is dumb as a box of rocks. That's a dude that has a 9'6" standing reach. On top of that he is athletic and can jump. He takes up a lot of space in the paint. He makes most 7 footers look like they're about 6'8" when they go up against him. He should be in the NBA even if he is a lunk head. He's not on drugs, doesn't smoke dope, he doesn't have major off-court issues. I'm simply trying to figure out what the deal is with him. He should be on an NBA bench.

7. delishman

delishman Member

Watched him a couple times in the D-Liga. Was upset he wasn't getting more PT and then I saw him play..

No Motor and no BBALL IQ. Obviously he can block shots but hes average at best, defensively.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There has to be something missing here in work ethic or attitude, a guy with his size and skill base should be able to find a team in the NBA, something is not right with the guy.

DD

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When he was drafted, he had a reputation as a flake. I assume smoke = fire. You can work around a flakey star, but there is no need to put up with a flakey role player.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Mouhamed Sene had a 7'9 wingspan. Remember him? Neither.

Physical tools give you the chance to be successful, but the NBA requires more than just that.

11. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

I'm hoping Whiteside joins Sam Yougn in the Sydney Kings... :grin:

12. basketballholic

Yes I remember Sene. He is a slow uncoordinated, unathletic giant. Whiteside is far superior in athleticism, coordination, and basketball skill sets.

13. basketballholic

I agree that Whiteside is flakey. I can see that in his personality. What I don't see is how he is any flakier than some players currently in the association.

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

surprised Miami doesn't give him a look... he must be less than worthless

15. basketballholic

This is NBA length and athleticism. If guys like Tiny Gallon and Ryan Hollins can get a contract........c'mon.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I'm long AF !!!l lol <a href="http://t.co/OAHepbDjLq">pic.twitter.com/OAHepbDjLq</a></p>&mdash; Hassan Whiteside (@youngwhiteside) <a href="https://twitter.com/youngwhiteside/statuses/438403958785462272">February 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. TheRealAllpro

It is dumbfounding that he can't even get a ten contract I guess he has burned too many bridges

17. CertifiedTroll

We quickly forget how we felt about Thabeet. This kid has all the same problems. I would love for him to succeed, but he has shown limited work ethic in RGV and flat out looked bad in the D-League.

18. TheRealAllpro

If the potential of millions of dollars won't make you work hard your not much a person. It's horrible with so many players are trying so damn hard just to get a shot.

19. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

So, is this still a thing?

20. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Another Blake gem.