1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hassan Whiteside re-signs with Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Jul 1, 2016.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wouldn't call it that. You just can't rebuild with a star player on your team. You can't suck for draft picks and build around young players. You have to go out and sign established players and hope to draft well later in the draft. You just have to.

There is no rebuilding on this team that doesn't end up losing James Harden and you rebuild looking for players like James Harden...

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Live look at Ha$$an celebrating his new max deal <a href="https://t.co/JwlzaDAEA0">https://t.co/JwlzaDAEA0</a></p>&mdash; Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/748898550646321152">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mark Cuban on Whiteside, Batum: &quot;Both guys went for more money. Can't fault them for that.&quot;</p>&mdash; Eddie Sefko (@ESefko) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/748907161846034432">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

4. Raz

Raz Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mavs Free Agency 2012-2016 <a href="https://t.co/O15kWElWgs">pic.twitter.com/O15kWElWgs</a></p>&mdash; Jason Gallagher (@jga41agher) <a href="https://twitter.com/jga41agher/status/748973087857659904">1. Juli 2016</a></blockquote>

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Even if Hassan Whiteside decided to pull a DeAndre Jordan, the Mavericks would not be an option, according to a source. The Mavs made Whiteside a max offer in the opening hours of free agency but have moved on. Dallas would have to back out of several commitments to create cap space for Whiteside, including the trade to acquire center Andrew Bogut from the Warriors. Two of the Mavs' main free-agent commitments – Harrison Barnes and Deron Williams – are represented by Excel Sports Management, the same agency as Whiteside.[/rquoter]

6. Nook

Nook Member

I wonder if this makes Dragic available. He is flawed but a quality target.

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

do it dallas! i bet you could get everyone to collude to not do the trade without even talking to each other now that everyone hates the durant deal so much. granted, the warriors would figure out some way, but it would be funny for at least a while. the wade thing would be perfect cover and no one would blame the team that got deandre'd for doing it.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Whiteside needs to do it so they get rid of this stupid moratorium period.

9. BackdoorHarden

Wow.

Cuban is going to back out of the Bogut deal and sign Whiteside???

AHHAHAHA

NO DURANT TO GS

I LOVE THE NBA

SO MUCH DRAMA ON TNT

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A second Mavs source reiterates &quot;zero&quot; chance Dallas would consider Hassan Whiteside if the Heat big man got cold feet.</p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/750886283162030081">July 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Dude, Whiteside is about to crumble if all he has is a moody Dragic to keep him focused

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For those asking, according to a source, Hassan Whiteside is still committed to the contract he agreed upon with the Miami Heat.</p>&mdash; Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) <a href="https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/750893896519987200">July 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

13. BackdoorHarden

Yea, I can see Whiteside taking that $90 millions and doing a Andrew Byrum.

He's just going to get fat and do hot chicks and forget about basketball now that he has $$$$ G Y"ALL

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Riley the overrated God deserves him

15. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Whiteside should stay. Without Deng (and Wade ofcourse) and possibly Bosh, he'll get more chances to develop with more touches. The Heat will lose more, but DMiami will be a free agent destination in no time.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Wouldnt stop KD to GS...

17. lalala902102001

If Hassan Whiteside is going to be your best player your chance of winning anything in this league is minimal. Whiteside is a good piece but can never be a franchise player. Miami just became a lottery team.

If I were Morey I would be calling about Dragic right now. The Rockets could use him.

18. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Assuming Whiteside signs (which I expect he will) I would look to trade Dragic sometime this year and be bidding up Whiteside starting on December 15th or when ever he can be traded to try and rebuild from the ground up. Not sure Riley has it in him for a rebuild but maybe he can at least get younger players/assets? Anyways, I don't really care about the Heat and glad they are stuck in the situation they are in. Wade steps up a notch in my book and I have no doubt his team will make some noise in the playoffs this season. The Bulls with Rondo, Wade and Butler are all excellent 2 way players (shooting is suspect) and maybe other depth problems but Mirotic can provide shooting and Gibson can provide some solid defense.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some people were wondering if Hassan Whiteside may back out of verbal agreement with MIA due to Dwyane Wade news. He just told me: &quot;No way.&quot;</p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/751085616763371520">July 7, 2016</a></blockquote>