1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hasheem Thabeet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by duran2u, Dec 27, 2011.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Because he isn't an NBA basketball player?

2. Garner

Garner Member

A tired Scola on the offensive end >>>> a fat dalembert or tired hill on the offensive end

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

...or not at all :grin:

4. alethios

alethios Member

WOW! We lost because Thabeet didn't play...OMFG! :eek::eek::eek:

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of these days, DaDakota is going to say something like, "I'm not sure" or "I'm a little ambivalent about that" or "I defer to the superior experience of...": or something else that doesn't indicate that he believes he knows the absolute truth about everything and my head is going to explode.

3 people like this.
  6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_dtm2rlV_E

Now, tell me, do you feel like McHale is qualified to determine whether or not Thabeet can play effectively in this league?

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

DD in full retreat mode now.

Uh, going small against Howard with Scola get Howard away from the basketball. You do recall TWill's driving dunk when Howard was not able to contest it, right?

You are just making stuff up, to make your point about Thabeet.

Typical.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This

The guy needs to take it down a notch.

9. jopatmc

Once again, we went small because Orlando went small with the intention of making our bigger slower players guard them on the perimeter. Orlando didn't want to get Dwight the ball in the post with his back to the basket, they wanted to flash him to the rim for dunks only because he is a liability at the free throw line. Having Scola on him was probably our best option since we were playing with 4 guards.....Lowry, Martin, Lee, TWill against their smalls.

10. AbbasNasib

AbbasNasib Member

I don't know what McHale can or can't do. However, given a 6-7 scrub (Adrien) and a 7-3 scrub that both play or can play center. Which would you take? Dude.

Look at the Rocket teams from the past two seasons. That's what an under sized front court will do for you, right where where the Rockets are is where it will take you. We know this.

What don't we know? What a front court with a 6-11 Dalembert starting and 7-3 Thabeet playing spot minutes can do.

1 person likes this.
  11. That's Turrible

There is absolutely no reason why Scola should ever be guarding D-Howard. That is about as confusing as the sexuality of Lady Gaga.

1 person likes this.
  12. AbbasNasib

AbbasNasib Member

So true.

13. justinh

justinh Member

LMAO Thabeet sucks. who cares?

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Howard scored ZERO pts in the 4th Quarter. We went small with an offensive team, because that was the only chance to make up ground. Howard did not beat us in the 4th quarter.

It is common strategy throughout the league to go small against Howard in the 4th to get his defense away from the lane, and just hack a shaq him if he gets the ball deep on the other end.

15. jopatmc

I trust McHale on that. Adrien only played 7 minutes. I suspect McHale felt he could get more out of him than Thabeet. Otherwise he would have played Thabeet. That tells me all I need to know about Thabeet. He's an expiring contract. That's it.

16. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Having Scola guarding Dwight means Dwight has to guard Scola too. With Scola being able to step out to 15-18 feet leaves the basket open (T-Will dunk for example). If Dwight doesn't stick with Scola, then Luis sits there and hits open jumpers like he does in practice. There is a strategy, whether y'all wanna believe it or not. And it always cracks me up how people who watch basketball think they know more than people that get paid to teach basketball.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No DD. That is not it at all. You are just arguing with people who have no knowledge of basketball. Don't waste your time.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

...Frustrating. Why does there have to be Thabeet in the NBA and not a second Yao?

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Finally. Sensible posters.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I can't believe some of you goobers trying to justify McHale playing Scola at the five.:confused: You guys really are clueless.