1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hasheem Thabeet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by duran2u, Dec 27, 2011.

1. fattz

fattz Member

How many of you think Thabeet is a Rocket next year?
    I do not.

So why spend time on him?
    I just don't see it. Even if he can be "servicable one day"

Today is NOW and Thabeet is not ready. I am ready to move on from the "Thabeet Project" It is not him or us - it is the lock out and "the summer that should have been" but wasn't. Time got us this one, IMO.

fact: To keep him next year will cost $8,444,892.00.
    So are you in?

His contract may help a team trying to get under the salary cap at the trade deadline
    -he doesn't need any playing time to do this
    -he gets paid either way.

A 3rd / 2nd string center looks like Greg Smith for $884K over 4 years with flashes of promise or a kid on a rookie contract, Hill, IMO.
    ....NOT....
    $8,444,892.00 for not much of anything but what if's.

just my thougts

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Very fair points.

I guess it depends upon how many centers are available, and if the org thinks he can develop.

If not, they can let him rot on the bench, which may be exactly what they have decided to do.

Butthat keeps his trade value at a very low point, when getting 20 minutes or so a night might increase it quite a bit.

DD

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

1. Who is he gonna foul??? The only way you use fouls against Orlando is to get Howard on the FT line at the end of the game. That's it.

2. It is absolutely true that Memphis gave up on him, after he didn't improve any after his rookie season, that Adelman couldn't do anything with him, that he didn't improve his second off season. And it is absolutely true that everybody keeps making excuses for him.

3. If you read my latest posts about TWill, you will know how I felt about his clown act last night. I am consistent. Dude is not even tapping his potential. The difference between TWill and Thabeet is Thabeet is a super nice fella with zero potential and TWill is a nitwit with loads of potential. But potential doesn't even do it for TWill. If he doesn't get serious about his game, as Clyde stated in last night's telecast he needed to get serious about his game, then we need to ship him before his trade value deteriorates even further. TWill is on the griddle as well. I have no illusions about it.

We have had quite the discussion about TWill and Chase's defense though. I'm still staying firm that TWill is the better defender right now and will always be the better defender. I'm still staying firm that a Martin Budinger combination on the wing is the recipe for the lottery. They are two of the worst defenders in the entire league and they are playing side by side. Won't work. Last night's game doesn't change any of that. As the season wears on, they will get toasted over and over. Somebody else has to start next to Martin. Whether it be TWill, Lee, Morris, or Parsons.....somebody else has to play alongside Martin for this team to get anywhere.

DD, we've already found out. Just because you haven't seen it in an NBA game, doesn't mean we don't know.

Most of your argument here is probably tilted to the extreme because you want to play for ping pong balls. You're still sitting on that when Les is not willing to go there. Essentially, you think Les and Morey are being stupid as well. You may not have said it. But there's only one reason to play Thabeet right now, that is if we are going to screw off the season, and if that's the case, we will see it coming when Scola and Martin are traded out for expirings and draft picks.

4. DaDakota

Oh, I do think Les is being stupid by not going real young and a higher draft pick, no doubt about it.

I don't blame Morey as much because he has to do his bosses bidding and he is not in charge.

DD

5. BlackRedDog

BlackRedDog Member

Hasheem is a rocket for life, as long as he doesnt do anything crazy off the court.

Tell me where else you can get a 7'3 center to clog the lane. The rockets are gonna keep him with the hope that he eventually gets it right

DD

6. DaDakota

Oh mini DD, I never said he was a Rocket for life, I would not hesitate to trade him if we could get something better.

If you are going to join the DDingleberries you need to up your game.

DD

7. fattz

fattz Member

I think there is a chance at Hill getting resigned, I want HIM to get as many mins. as possible. When we add Sammy D. that slammed the door shut on the "Thabeet project" IMO. Sorry, it just didn't work out for Thabeet as a Rocket IMO.

8. BlackRedDog

BlackRedDog Member

WHY? cos they are both foreigners from black countries?

DD

9. DaDakota

I think Hill has been passed by, he is not good enough as a PF to play over Scola or Patterson, and is pretty weak as a center.

IMO, he should be traded somewhere weak at the PF position, he can play, just not behind guys ahead of him.

DD

10. alethios

alethios Member

I thought that moniker was better suited for TWill. Well, I guess it takes one to know one.

The thing about Thabeet is like any other wish sandwich we pluck from other teams' benches; we try and try to get some value out of him, but we get stuck in mediocrity for our efforts.

I think this is his last year with the Rockets barring any turnaround on his part to prove his worthiness, even as a serviceable backup to SD.

11. fattz

fattz Member

next year
    8,444,892(Thabeet) vs 4,896,645(Hill)

Thabeet or say C. Lee(resigned) and Hill for the same amount of money?

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And that is how you build the highest post count of all time... Darwin.

13. DaDakota

Post count is meaningless.....knowledge is power.

:)

DD

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hashim Thabit? Alley oop to him in garbage time.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wow,
    no garbage time for Thabeet?

that means no garbage time analysis !:cool:

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think he was inactive.

17. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets lose when he is inactive. They should have swapped him with Bud, who was pretty inactive himself.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that perfectly describes how he plays