1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hasheem Thabeet - TipJar Bet Anyone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's interesting to me that people seem so adamant that Thabeet is terrible because he can't get off the bench behind Gasol. If you'll recall, people said similar things about Lowry when we traded for him off the same team.

I'm not saying Thabeet is going to be a good player, but if Morey does trade for him, I'd say there is a better than average chance that he is. Morey has the scouts and the data and video footage of every minute he's spent on the floor.

I'll admit, he does seem like a stiff out there - but it's not unheard of for players to excel if given a more prominent role. Not everybody can play well off the bench.

Anyway, Thabeet could be worth the gamble depending on what the price is.

1 person likes this.
  2. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Not that this has anything to do with the topic but it's Hasheem's B-day today so happy 24th b-day Hasheem!

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Thabeet wont add up to a pimple on a gnats ass compared to those players.

I saw the other day someone comparing him to Hakeem - I threw up a little .... Thabeet's not even a drunk homeless hobo's Ralph Sampson much less being mentioned in the same sentence as Dream.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Ladies and Gentlemen..

Number 34 of the Houston Rockets......

Hakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemmmm Thabeeeeeeeeeeettttt!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I guaran-damn-tee you that Thabeet can affect way more shots than Brad Miller ever could. For that reason alone, we should get him.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Niceeee!!! lol :grin:

7. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

It's more than not getting off the bench behind Gasol. He can't get PT over Haddadi. That should tell us something.

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Ish and Thabeet would be pretty sick ...Just do it Morey.

9. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Do not want...wait...damn it. :mad:

10. mrjuandiego1988

this is going a bit over board man! :eek:

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I guess a lot of the posters here are not tired of the layup drill against our defense. Yao didn't have the greatest block numbers but our defense was a whole lot better. Changing and altering shots is just as important as a block.

12. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

What makes you so sure of this, I understand you dont THINK this guy can be worth anything. But your flat out saying that you kno without a doubt that he is worthless.
    Last year he started against the Rockets and gave us fits at the rim. He dunked everything near the basket and changed nearly everyshot we took at the rim. The guy CAN BLOCK SHOTS, REBOUND, AND FINISH AT THE RIM..These are the Rox greatest weaknesses... he's hardly gotten to play.
    People think T-Will is the next Iguodala and he's basically in the same boat...

13. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Wudup Grill :grin: ,lol

14. mrjuandiego1988

thabeet has an avatar creature type length! and thats hard to pass up!..... we can all agree that he can be better than shawn bradly? right? bradly had a very long career!

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

So you're saying Tmac is going to dunk on him and brag about it for the rest of his career?

16. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Thabeet appears completely lost and overwhelmed in the sparing minutes he's played in the NBA.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Key word^^

18. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

From what little i've seen from Thabeet, i really think he's gonna be a bust - stromile swift like.

Like Stro, he's got length, but doesnt seem to possess the IQ to do well in the league.

I wouldnt mind trading for him and seeing what he can do under a much better coaching staff (Adelman, Turner, Sikma, Dawson, Hakeem). I wouldnt center a deal around him tho. If he can be had on the cheap without giving up picks or valuable players, i'm all for it.

19. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Yeah, let's have Harddadi instead.

Matter of fact, I like Harddadi better because he actually has offense.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

We are not very good this year but I watch anyways. I'm sure you have been wanting to watch Twill play. Heck our team would be that much better to watch if Jermaine Taylor stayed a Rocket and was playing. I may be one of the few but Chase is not very good, Battier is overrated. Brooks should start for the one reason, he is mentally weak and can't handle the thought of being second fiddle to anyone. Ish smith needs to play because he is actually good lol. People don't realize we are like the Texans. We are just good enough to get an ok first round pick, we score a lot but not enough, and the defense is a fail. Great comebacks but can't finish games. We were a good team last year because of our second unit in which Lowry led. Jordan hill is frustrating to watch, Patrick Patterson has potential. Courtney lee is solid but he won't get any better than he is now.