1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has your stance on gay marriage changed?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Jun 27, 2015.

Tags:
?

Has your stance on gay marriage changed?

1. I have always supported gay marriage.

59.3%
  2. I now support gay marriage but was previously against it

12.6%
  3. I have never supported gay marriage.

14.8%
  4. I do not like it but do not really care.

13.3%
  1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No worse than a bloodthirsty Mongolian or failed artist from Austria.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

What ever pisses off the institutionalized racist mindset of colonial people, I'm all for it.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The wikipedia entry quotes a study by Lee Badgett done in 2011 for the US data. In 2014, there was this retraction: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ame-sex-divorce-rate-not-as-low-as-it-seemed/. Wikipedia needs to fix their entry.

There are studies in other countries, and I haven't looked into them at all.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Should be very interesting to watch over the next decade.

On one hand, it could be very low as gay couples have had to fight so hard for the right to legally get married and won't take it for granted.

On the other hand, there could be a surge of gay couples jumping into marriage during the initial euphoria of the ruling and not thinking things through.

Or maybe a lot of both.

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

This video is so ridiculous.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I6PPk2NOQXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Those people are so brave. True AMERICAN heroes.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

WHY? Since when did being able to express an opinion become frowned upon???

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've supported it since I first considered the possibilty, a very remote possibility at the time, back in the late 1960's. I worked with a gay fellow who hit on me. After I cleared up that I wasn't of his persuasion, we became friends and would discuss stuff like this over lunch. One thing he was very interested in was Gay (he was Gay, not bisexual, etc.) marriage. That's when I figured out that it was fine with me. My philosophy then, as it is now, was that if someone else wasn't harmed, that people should be able to do what they like with their personal lives. I had an interesting sexual life back then myself. It just didn't include having sex with my own sex.

So in that context, yeah, I've always supported Gay marriage, once I thought about it.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't have a problem with people thinking marriage is between man and a women. I have problem with these people trying to prevent other people from being happy because of that belief.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This board, at least the people who go into the DD, has a predominantly liberal demographic.

[​IMG]

#90 rockbox, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  11. ima_drummer2k

Ah yes, the ol' "I have friends who are gay" retort. Yeah, sure you do...

I especially love the girl crying at the end. Poor little persecuted Catholics....LOL...

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Because it's a dumb video mocking the gay videos and the women crying at the end was ridiculous.

Marriage wasn't created by Christianity. Christians need to realize this.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lol I did like that guy who said he has gay friends. Of course he has gay friends ;);)

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Do you not believe them? I'm sure that is honest. Probably not their closest friends, but I'd assume they hang with gay people.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I have a many gay trans black best friends

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Its a problem in the poll.

There are many people who now support gay marriage who before didn't have a strong opinion on it for whatever reason. These people are either not voting, or they are selecting the first option.

17. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

:rolleyes: lol ... maybe because the video is completely ridiculous and melodramatic.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

We can all be honestly delusional. Do we dig deep down and consider the mix messages from our Religion and how to resolve that? So many things... don't judge, but judge; don't hate but hate; love but don't love. Remove the religious overlay and consider deeply how you treat other humans. You are first a human being and 2nd a religious human being. So many uses religion or have religion blind them to a point of losing their instinctive knowing of what it is to be human and how to relate and treat others. We aren't bad by nature or even have "original" sins. We were taught that and we blindly faithfully buy into it as if that's the only way we have ever known. I bet you if you remember your early early years, you do not consider yourself bad or were born with sins. Even if you can't, if you are fortunately enough to have offspring, observer their nature carefully. We are all born with some past (or for those don't want to think of past as possible), nature given conditions. It's simply that. It is not bad, good, sin, not sin. All of that are messages you pick up later in life.

19. ima_drummer2k

Maybe, maybe no. But most of the time, it's just something people say. Sort of like saying "I'm not a homophobe, but....." before you say something really homophobic.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said!