1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has there ever been a shooter like Troy Daniels?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockbox, Oct 14, 2014.

1. J Hard

J Hard Member

Drazen Petrovic. Take him over any shooter ever.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Black is a lesser Ben Wallace and DMo a lesser Kevin McHale.

3. jedicro

jedicro Member

rekt.

4. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

I had the pleasure of watching Calvin Murphy when I was a kid, and that man could shoot. He still holds the second highest FT% in a season (95.8) and is third in consecutive FT's made (78). I also watched him run a shooting and ball handling workshop for kids one summer. His mechanics are insane.
    He did not have to find his spot and wait for someone to get him the ball. His spot was the whole basketball court; dribble drive, pull ups, layups, tear drops. His jumper was a thing of beauty.
    I never understood why the Rockets never put this man on their staff to coach guards and run free throw drills. I guarantee you the San Antonio Spurs would have. Take a look at the spurs coaching bench....impressive. That's what makes them different.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Raymond Fatton is the best shooter.

\ thread

6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Man I still remember him winning the 3pt shooting contest team less.

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Let's just say he is an incredible shooter. I don't think anybody has had a better looking stroke.

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

World B. Free

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6NiC286UFE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

he will win the 3point contest at all star game. that's my prediction.

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

I'm a big fan of Troy Daniels. He has the potential to be elite at what he does.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. He played well in the D-League and had a couple of good playoff games. Let's see what he does with more playing time

11. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

[youtube]mwXOUvGapuA[/youtube]

12. onreego

onreego Member

He didn't shoot very well in his suit on the bench. :)

13. Ranny

Ranny Member

Both Daniels and Black are the two players that i have liked the most so far of this preseason, I am super excited about their future on the team. That being said the OP’s question was pretty ridiculous, but the sarcastic aggressiveness of some posters is pretty ridiculous as well, it’s like they are on a 24 hour watch waiting for someone to slip up to humiliate them with their “truth”.

14. eman

eman Contributing Member

I've never seen a better shooter than USL's Dwight "Bo Peep" Lamar. There was no 3-pt line, and he led the NCAA in scoring two years in a row back in the early 70s. I saw him steal the ball with a clear path, only to stop-and-pop from about 55 feet. "That's like a layup for me," he said to reporters, and he meant it. Nothing but net, pure shooter.

15. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

minus the high percentage

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Steph Curry is the best shooter I've ever seen... just a longevity issue with him. If he keeps it up he will go down as best ever in game shooter.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Still WAY too early for me to make a judgment call on Daniels... but I sure have high hopes.

18. kemah

kemah Member

lol

You must be around my age as I used to love to go see the Rockets and Murphy. He was to me anyway maybe the best PG ever in the history of the NBA. He was also the most easy approachable player. He was patient with us kids to sign stuff for us. As you know though he is just now getting redeemed and the reason for that.

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

troy daniels DA GAWD

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

okay can we pump the breaks