1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Rox become a laughing stock of the league?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sun12, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sun12

sun12 Member

Spurs dismantled Blazers easily and convincingly, Blazers players commented how easy it is to defend against the Rox, and there is the news that Rox considers hiring Mike Brown as the defensive assistant.

Oh, the Rox organization has advanced past the first round playoff only once for the past 17 years and counting.

So are fans around the NBA laughing at the Rox? I bet Rox is becoming a laughing stock.

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Your mother has become laughing stock of the league.

1 person likes this.
  3. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Yep! We are turning into my Dallas Cowboys....

But naw, in all seriousness, I think teams are actually jealous of our youth and flexible cap. We will get it right. A defensive coordinator (Mike Brown), and a couple more solid players to replace the 8.3 million dollar cap of Lin....we will be fine. We are young and we will have more experience.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

You bet? ... that's not a thread topic, gambling is illegal around here

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

No, but thread titles have.

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

This guy has a good point.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

Howard - yes, laker fans had a ball, and other people who dislike him and question his effort, & picked rockets for one goal to win a championship or have playoff success... Opposite happened, warriors would've been better choice as of now.

morey - gms/media are laughing how he made all kind of moves to get Howard & brags on his stats ball and didn't make any progress from last year in playoff, even lost to a team that didn't even make playoffs last yr & made minor adjustments, 2-4 okc last yr was better.

harden & rest of team - nawh, people giving them time & actually like rockets fast pace ball

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

We're a young team without much playoff experience and have been together all of one season. If that's enough to make us a laughing stock, then I must be missing the punch line. We knew we weren't doing much in the playoffs this season. Everyone's expectations were sky high and unrealistic. Lakers fans may be laughing but it's only because they are butt hurt Dwight left and how sorry their own team is.

9. noone

noone Rookie

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Dear OP,

Go away. Never come back.

Sincerely,

Houston Rockets fans

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This was the correct response.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You got to laugh to keep from crying with McHale at the helm....

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's not that hard to type out the word "Rockets"

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not as bad as when people type 'Stros.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he makes a good point
    [​IMG]

16. sun12

sun12 Member

I thought people want to make civilized comments. If people want to attack people, I can think thousands of words to do it, but I am not going to do it.

Just a bunch of cowards out there.

Anyway, the real issue is since Les took over the team, and he got lucky in having Dream, Les really has not built a great organization. It's been like one and out forever except for one season. Shouldn't this be a concern for fans? If an owner wants to win, how can he tolerate this? too many excuses and no results, and now sit there for one more season while watching Spurs dismantling Blazers?

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

Sun 12, we at least made the playoff and had 55 wins for the season. If we were the laughing stock of the league, what are the Bucks Jazz Knicks ...

18. sun12

sun12 Member

Well, I certainly hope we do not want to compare with the bottom ones. However, check the NBA conference final drought, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...hts#NBA_Conference_Finals_appearance_droughts, the team does not sit pretty, it is currently 17 years and counting, #7 on the list, even behind the Knicks.

The issue is other teams go to finals, conference finals, then they get older, they become bad, they reload, and get better, but this team seems always reloading without results, and it is getting really really long.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Word.
    [​IMG]

20. Doktor Mndbndr

Where do I click to throw a (virtual) rotten tomato at the op?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.