1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Omer Asik played his last game as a Rocket already?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Jan 3, 2014.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

^^^ Folks, this is real

2. lfw

lfw Rookie

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/one-step-closer

Looks like he will be back playing soon!

3. coffeelover665

Despite all the rumors I like to think positive.

I'd like to think that Asik went off to a secret training faculty staffed my Morey's best and worked on his ball catching skills.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That would be, basketball catching skills, right?

Because whenever someone throws him a pass in the paint, it looks like he's catching a medicine ball.

5. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

For what it's worth, guys... Doc Rocket basically says same thing Feigen said to me when I asked if he had a feeling about deadline (told him kid on here feels Asik/Lin for Rondo package 70% done)... that a wing defender/shooter "has preference"...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en data-scribe-reduced-action-queue="><p><a href="https://twitter.com/don_dougan">@don_dougan</a> ....honestly, not sure Don. I think the Rondo thing has heat, but how much? Wing defender/shooter has preference, I hear.</p>&mdash; Doc Rocket (@Thedocrocket) <a href="https://twitter.com/Thedocrocket/statuses/431646013300826112">February 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

his injury might be real but he dragged it on a bit and he did not play much to begin the season either.

7. Raven

Raven Member

If it were going to be Assik and Lin for Rondo, why didn't it happen weeks ago? One team is waiting for the other to blink? I suppose, but it's more likely that Morey feels there's nothing to be gained by making a trade before the deadline if there's even a tiny chance a better offer pops up. I suspect there are take it or leave deals that have been offered, but Morey is in no rush to accept one of them. This is going to go down to the wire.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

AOF?

I didn't realize you guys actually existed until now.

By the way, it's hard to disagree with McHale, It's hard to go from your couch to I think I want to play in the NBA.

9. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

I read some reports that NY is interested in Asik since Tyson Chandler is a walking corpse now so how about Shumpert + Filler for Asik

10. King Drew

King Drew Member

Because there's a Jones involved :/

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

dropping the fkn hammer LOL. surprised he didn't use some sorta brick-laying analogy.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that was merely a bigtexxx reference from the D&D ;)

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He tried to rehab too much too quickly and caused the knee to swell more and delayed his comeback.The preceding statement was made without any factual information....but I don't think anyone else in this thread is his doctor and would know whether he dragged out the injury or not.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not his doctor. But there is a thing such as 'common sense'.

A season consists of 5, 6 months. His last game was at the end of November.

He was ruled out with a bruised thigh in early December.
    How in the world did his thigh problem turn into a 'serious knee problem with swelling' without playing? It got worse sitting on the bench or resting somewhere?

His swelling took more than 2 months to go down. Everytime he starts his rehabilitation his knee got worse.
    Throughout this time endless trade rumors. You tell me.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A bench player with very limited minutes that re-injures himself again and again is 'dead weight' no matter how well he played for one single season.(Derrick Rose, Tracy McGrady..even and the Chinese guy)

He isn't on their level.

Folks can listen to Morey all day long. During the time with Royce White the GM said absolutely nothing other than they will go on supporting him.
    After they tossed him to the Sixers, 'he is the worst pick up. We swing for fences.'

Matter of time until he is dropped one or the other way.

16. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Perhaps Asik is suffering from one of these complications:

Of course one would think both would be avoided under the care of doctors and professional trainers. It seems that the only options for what is going with Asik are:

1) Faking/exagerrating the injury
    2) Injury is real, but he could play thru the pain if he really wanted to
    3) injury is much more serious than just a bruise that is going to heal with rest.

Maybe Asik is unfairly getting a bad wrap as far as this particular injury, but it was pretty clearly stated that Mchale wasn't happy with Asik's effort prior to the injury when he was more focused on forcing a trade. If it wasn't for the behavior leading up to this then no one would question him now.

The funny thing about this if he is faking or not giving 100% effort, is that those actions actually hurt his chances of being traded rather than force the trade.

17. delalex

delalex Member

Despite his injury,it would be a win-win for both Rockets and Asik,just let him go.

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

me thinketh asik is another bynum in the works

19. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Not even close. Asik's particular injury is not chronic. That doesn't mean he won't have another injury but Bynum had problems even during his rookie season. Bynum also has far more miles on the body even at a young age, this is his 8th season in the NBA already whereas this is only Omer's 4th year. Omer has mostly been healthy during that time. Omer has 2 82 game seasons in 3 completed seasons whereas Bynum has 1 82 game season in 7 completed seasons.

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Well he's back in 2K14...