1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Omer Asik played his last game as a Rocket already?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Jan 3, 2014.

1. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

Omer Asik has been out for a month already for a 'thigh contusion' ...in other words, a bruised thigh.

Most players would be playing through that.

Once the December 20 deadline came to pass, I thought Asik would play for the Rockets until the February trade deadline.

now, it seems like Asik doesn't even want to play another game for this franchise. with the trade deadline a month away, do you guys think Asik has played his last game as a Rocket? I sure do.

Asik shouldn't be paid for games he misses because of this stunt of his.

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

He has swelling in his knees.

3. chandlerbang21

I think he isn't injured

1 person likes this.
  4. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

He has swelling in his knees and it's been a recurring problem since his thigh contusion.
    It's been stated many times

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't believe the swelling in his knees story for even 0.5 seconds

6. Deniz

Deniz Member

7. Granville

Granville Member

Neither do I.

8. SugarLandDream8

The minute he is traded, he'll be fully healthy and play whether it's tomorrow or a month from now.

I don't blame Asik. He picked the Rockets when he was a FA and played really well last season only to have the Rockets sign DH.

It's not the Rockets fault to want the best center in the league either.

Best thing to do is to trade him for picks and a good role player back.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The knee swelling has gone down a bit. The ego contusion still bothers Omer.

1 person likes this.
  10. Swishh

Swishh Member

Same.

I also say that he shouldn't be paid for this.

11. SugarLandDream8

It's true. He got a bruise on his thigh which resulted in minor bleeding. The blood dripped down to his knee area which resulted in minor swelling.

This is a common basketball injury that basketball players play through or sits 1-3 games tops.

Asik just doesn't want to play for the Rockets since they signed Howard.

The NBA player's union is very powerful and any player can claim an injury and unless you have 100% evidence they are lying you can't do anything about it.

Most NBA players are nicked up so they can always claim an injury but they can easily play through these boo boos

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He hasn't really played at all, let alone his last game

13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

nbpa disagrees with you....

T_Man

14. treeman

treeman Member

15. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

dude isn't injured!!..he was active to play tonight..he's pulling a ROYCE WHITE on us..lol we really need him to play back up center

16. Little General

Marc Stein from ESPN said that he has personally seen the swelling on Asik's knees. So I don't think Asik is faking the injury. Though I don't know if he is still injured.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so it's both knees now?

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don't see how it would be beneficial for Asik to get a trade accomplished by not playing. I understand why people think this is a fake injury but it's most likely the real deal. Feigan has also reported seeing the swelling and while he is a rockets mouth piece I also don't think he'd come out and just straight up lie. If anything he would just say nothing.

I was cracking up listening to Lopez and some other guy railing on Asik for faking this injury and being a cry baby like there was no doubt he's healthy. I've been extremely critical of Asik and how he's handled the Dwight situation but I'm giving the team and him the benefit of the doubt here.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

You know it's the coach's decision to insert players into the game, yes?

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

The weird thing to me, that seems fishy, was that there were absolutely NO rumors during the Asik trade "deadline" about teams fearing to trade for him because of the injury. That's why at the time I thought it was sort of fake. But now it's getting to the point where it no longer makes sense for him to sit out.

So I'm still thinking it's kind of fishy. Not so much that he's not injured. But he probably plays if he's the starter and this is the playoffs.