1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Morey officially gone off the deep end?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 12, 2012.

1. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Don't we all know its just a master plan Morey has brewing? Griffin hurts his knee and CP3 will team up with Dwight.

2. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

But, like many have said, you're dealing with the same chances in trying to acquire a superstar via the draft.

3. justinh

justinh Member

Yes! He has lost his mind. NO WAY IN HELL WE GET THE 14th PICK NEXT DRAFT!!@@##@!!

WTF

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Anyone who disagrees with the OP is blind. The writing is on the wall. Howard will destroy this team for years to come. We are already well into our rebuild with the rookies we have now.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Those odds are high considering the draft we just had.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Ties to Houston?? Les Alexander LOVES the city of Houston, and does nothing but try to bring winners here. He even tried to get the Edmonton Oilers to come here. The **** some of you say is just mind boggling. Morey is trying to bring one of the biggest superstars in the game today to Houston, and you guys are acting like he's folding the team. It's unbelievable. You complained when we were mediocre, and now that he's chosen a direction, you're still complaining.

1 person likes this.
  7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The odds are HIGH?? How do you know that?? What are you using to base this off of?? Dwight Howard is a GUARANTEED superstar.

8. Garner

Garner Member

Do we have complete information at this juncture? Definitely not.

Should we make brash conclusions based off of the partial information we do have? Most definitely.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Woohoo! I found my sig for 2014!

10. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

so morey is blind and doesn't know what he's doing?

11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Look at the bright side, at least will have Hedo Turkaglo,Duhon, and J rich left on our squad when Howard leaves. MORE-y stockpiling assets as always.:p

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

What rumored players? Who do you know that is suppose to he included in the deal?

13. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

How many opportunities do you get to acquire the BEST CENTER IN THE NBA IN HIS PRIME ?

And I personally think if he gets here, he will re-sign.

Dream will mentor him and he can get even better on the offensive end.

You have to go all-in and take your chances on this move.

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I doubt we amnesty Scola if Howard was not coming here. I like Machado at PG and when we have Howard we could lure CP3 next summer.

Let's see what the team looks like in September at least he's being doing very active and has some gusto. All for maximum cap flexibility.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Seriously, have you guys not been paying attention to Morey over the last few years? Name ONE player with a bad contract that has remained on the team until the contract expired. He finds a way to dump them for useful pieces. If he can pull off this Howard deal, I predict by the trade deadline this coming season, most of you will be riding his jock and saying you knew all along this was going to work out really well.

16. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

I'll withhold judgement until I see if there is a trade for DH12, and what trash we take back.

I will say that IF there is a trade, and it's DH12 +triple trash (TurkeyGlu, QRich & JRich), then he has lost his mind. We'll be effectively the 2011-12 Magic (without Jameer Nelson and Ryan Anderson), and playing in a much tougher conference. That team will SUCK, and have no cap space to add any parts around DH12.

Why would we amnesty Scola if we didn't intend to take back ALL of their trash....?

17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Checkers is for children, Chess is what Morey plays. Always thinking 10 steps ahead.

I initially didnt wanna trade for Dwight, but players like Dwight dont grow on trees. You can't attempt someone to stay if they haven't been here. People on CF don't even know what they want... They want a superstar, but don't wanna trade the mediocre players and young prospects to get that play
    er. They wanna tank, but don't like it when we make way for the rookies. They dont wanna be a mediocre team, but wanna hold on to the roster that got us the 14th pick for the 3rd yr in a row!

This is a very risky move, but if you don't take risks, you stand still...best of the worst, worst of the best, mediocre, 14 pick again...is this what you want?

18. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Exactly the sad reality of being a GM is that no matter how many good moves you make, you are never considered a good GM unless you bring in the big fish. If Morey turns this off-season into a re-signed Dwight Howard everyone will say how much of a genius he is, and that they knew his plan all along. And if this season turns into Patrick Patterson at C we'll (continue) to beg for his firing.

19. mazinger

mazinger Member

HOLY CRAP!!! how many alt accounts do you have DD?

20. liveguy

liveguy Member

Les loves money. He ain't from the H. He could care less about anything other than asses in seats will sacrifice long term gain for short term profit.

When we do the deal and get Dwight and he leaves for less money, then what?

No future potential talent.....no draft picks and were right back to square one.....for a rental?

Really?

You call that a direction?

Seems aimless to me.

The dude is NOT signing a long term deal with us!

He isn't!

Just roll with what you got and get better via a youth movement.

Is rather 2-3 years of growing pains with the youngsters than 4-6 years just to get back to where we are right now!