1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Morey officially gone off the deep end?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 12, 2012.

1. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I don't think our offer sheet is that great, otherwise Magic won't entertain it for that long. I believe Morey amnesties luis before the deal is made, so he will have enough time to look for a new team.

2. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

And the alternative is what, tanking? What do you think the odds are that we get a player like Howard?

3. tzou88

tzou88 Member

even if we don't get howard... we can just fall back to full tank mode and sign bynum next year.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think you should change your name from "TheRealist" to the "ThePrematureEjaculator".

We don't even know what the Howard trade will look like. We don't know who we're taking back or who we're giving up. We don't know what follow up moves Morey has lined up or in mind. In short, we're nowhere near October. You are prematurely judging the moves of a man who is by all accounts a genius based off where YOU, using your incredibly limited knowledge of where we stand today and complete lack of knowledge as to what he plans to do going forward, think of where we are RIGHT NOW.

Kind of premature, don't you think?

Oh yes. Let's please use percentages you've pulled completely out of your ass as the basis of an argument. Let's.

1 person likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jumped off the deep end and he'll end up either sinking to the bottom or he'll stay swimming on top. Took the floaties off.

6. Indaface

Indaface Member

There's nothing I love more than when a guy pulls a percentage (or percentages in this case) out of his ass.

Gets me a riled up

7. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't think he's gone off the deep end. But, he is desperate and making very risky decisions. If his plan works and Dwight stays healthy, we could be back in the playoffs. If his plan fails, we could find ourselves on the bottom rung of the NBA ladder for the next decade. Of course, if his plan fails he will probably get fired and won't be here in Houston to suffer along with the fans. He'll be kicking back somewhere puffing on a cigar and laughing his ass off about how half of Clutchfans still think he's a genius.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

ah if only professional teams were managed by internet message boards...man can you imagine the success?

didn't everyone want to fire jvg? on then adelman..now mchale...now morey.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

In the latest Rockets podcast they said they didn't see him as "perennial All Star" but a player who can be very good.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We are selling all our assets for the next 8 years to make a 2020 championship run!

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

...DD?

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

JVG - fired
    adelman - fired..

the Internet i guess realizes these inevitablities much sooner

13. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I really wish people would do some research before they post these random threads....but here we go:

*Dragic wanted a 4th year player option and the Rockets didn't want to give him that kind of flexibility. Teams prefer "team options" over "player options"
    *Whether he went after Jeremy Lin or not Kyle Lowry was gone, he is not a championship caliber player and there is more value on the open market for the pick he created than his actually on the court value
    *See above^^^
    *It is only July the 12th, and despite the rampant rumors from some people on this site, Jeremy Lin is not the only point guard in the nba.
    *Omer Asik is NOT Dwight Howard, and so what if you have them both, I dont ever recall a team complaining about having too many good defensive players on their team
    *He drafted who he felt were the best players available, and it is not a guarantee that these players will play PF in the NBA or even play for the Rockets, and it takes 2 people to tango Morey can't trade with himself
    *Yes he is fixated on the best and most available Center in the NBA... I didn't know that was a problem. We criticize him for not bringing in a superstar then criticize him again for pursuing one too hard??? How does that work?
    *Just because Dwight Howard or Daryl Morey hasn't called "The Realist" doesn't mean that a trade isn't imminent. There aren't alot of teams that want to overpay for 3 years a 32 year old player who has never made a single all-star game. If there wasn't a market for Scola why keep him? You just said we had too many PF's then you say why did we let one go???

*The statement that you say will never happen is exactly what just happened to Deron Williams, he declined to play for his HOMETOWN TEAM just so he could take the money and play in Brooklyn. And players WILL take a paycut to play with better players. (see Steve Nash, Ray Allen, 2011 Miami Heat)

*If Morey was desparate then Dwight Howard would've been a Houston Rocket a long time ago. I have a feeling that Morey is not offering a lot, yet he IS offering the most, and Orlando's GM doesn't think it's enough. Soon we will find out that it is Orlando's GM that is desparate and it is our GM who is playing it cool.

3 people like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ignorant thread is ignorant.

15. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

haha TheRetard137 strikes again!

1 person likes this.
  16. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

either we're gonna be really good or we're gonna suck next year. I'm cool with either one.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Morey has nothing to lose and can wait out Hennigan.

Hennigan can't keep Howard plain and simple. Morey can tank if he wants and what will be his repricution? A top 3 lottery pick.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Good, this opens up a spot for Terrence Jones to start.

19. liveguy

liveguy Member

Clearly he has lost his effin mind.

And if he does make the deal with all the rumored picks, players and kills our immediate future for a rental..I hope it's the death nail on Morey's tenure here.

Only thing that would make me happier is if Les sells the team to someone with ties to Houston who will do this the right way.

20. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member