1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Morey found a taker(s) for Jeremy Lin? (Speculation on possible deals)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 5, 2014.

1. basketballholic

$15 million is what is actually paid out. That is what applies to the 90% rule.

There is no punishment. The money has to be spent. So since it has to be spent, teams that are under the cap are using their cap space to buy first round draft picks.

2. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Just needed to be clarified. I wasn't sure which figure was used towards the 90%

3. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

I completely agree with you about him being better than Felton/Jennings, but I believe if you swapped Teague/Lin, we would have been a better team along with Atlanta arguably being worse. Also, given the fact that Lin plays with a much better defensive team than Teague, his defensive stats are inflated (the same way that Harden actually has a positive impact on defense when on the floor vs off the floor, however, both are still only 25 years old though and have plenty of room to develop.

4. Play07

Play07 Member

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

There is no such thing as a untradeable contract. Now, you might have to add players,picks,and such,but everyone is tradeable. If morey wants to move lin and asik, he might have to add a young player to match up everything. Its not that difficult. Its a matter of getting it done by participating teams. Even with the 15m check lin and asik have,the 8.3m last yr might be enough to entice a team. A team like denver might want to shed some future salary. They have faried who is due pretty soon,lawson makes good money as do gallanari and mcghee. They might be in position to wanna dump lawson and draft a pg. It wouldn't be hard. To offer contracts to match what lawson makes.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

And proof of that was the crapswap of Gilbert Arenas for Rashard Lewis a few years back.
    Not to mention that garbage Utah got from GS for 1st round picks.

7. basketballholic

$24 million bought 2 first round picks (#23 and probably another pick in the 20's) and 2 second round picks (probably both in the 50's)

$15 million should buy 1 first round pick (#25) plus 2 future second round picks plus $3 million in cash.

1 person likes this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Dude, since I gave you the label, I have to be man enough to rep you for having a sense of humor about it.

9. basketballholic

LOL. It's all good. I know I use a lot of keystrokes.

10. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Biedrinsand Jefferson were trasb, Lin is a serviceable starter