1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has McHale lost the Team & is he the right person to coach them to the next level?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Nov 2, 2015.

?

Is Kevin McHale the right man to coach the team to the next level

1. No. He has lost the team

28 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. No. He has not lost the team but he still isn't the right coach

35 vote(s)
    46.1%
  3. Yes. He has lost the team but he will get them back and win a championship

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. Yes. He has not lost the team. It's only 3 games!

11 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

To me, the nail in the coffin that he's not a good coach was when McHale was visibility HAPPY after winning a game on a hero shot (probably from Harden - that really doesn't matter) after the team played like crap the whole 47 mins prior. This was probably 2-3 years ago.

That was a sign that he doesn't ever hold the team accountable. And that he, personally, can't tell the difference between a hard fought lost vs a crappy win. And so, he can never coach the team to eliminate craps and cultivate greatness.

2. NeonTiger

NeonTiger Member

Tom Thibodeau on line 1

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Ha! It's much more than just shooting. We're not that hard to defend, every possession goes like this: Harden dribbles the shot clock down to 5 seconds (giving the offense no time to work with and wasting opportunities to get good looks), then he either does A) chuck a jumper, B) drive and flop, or C) pass to a teammate with 2 seconds left and expect them to make a rushed shot.
    The Warriors were really good with Mark Jackson, but we saw the insane jump they had with a good coach. It really matters that much. Look at what a good coach did for Atlanta with their middle-of-the-road talent, or Boston with their mediocre composition, imagine one with arguably the deepest roster on paper in the league.

4. beardsanity713

Now this is basketball...the ball movement is exceptional!!..
    This offense with this talent now would be unstoppable...
    I've never been fond of mcfail
    i gave him his due in the playoffs last year but there is something obviously wrong with this team and its on mcfail to have this team ready to play
    We are way too talented to be playing the way they are..
    Fire mcfail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I get what you are saying about having talent, but that talent also has to produce. When your entire team is shooting under 40% and you are not playing good defense and hustling I don't care what coach you have you will not win many games. These guys are just not in gear on the court right now.

The warriors core group of players have had time to grow together and mature. Kerr came in at a time they hit their stride together. He gave them structure, but they got it together on the court. They don't run a whole lot of set plays, they just make a lot of shots. Look at their shooting %s right now compared to our players.

Lets see where they are in a month from now and then we can talk coaching change. I look more at the players than the coach.