1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Durant Neutered Curry?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SamFisher, Dec 28, 2016.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I thought this team was gonna be unbeatable when Durant joined the team but they're looking like they're having some problems on the court. This team gave up too much for Durant.

2. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

maybe this is what durant planned in the first place, well if i can't beat you, i will join you and break up all your guys' rythme and take away your possession, i don't care if i lose, as long as you guys lose i am happy

3. FearTheBeardJH

Comments in this thread are like they are having 2011 Heat type of season, but in reality after 41 games Warriors are #1 offensive team in the league with the best offensive rating in 70 year NBA history. They are #1 defensive team at the moment(compared to league average, I think their defense at the moment is close to top 10 of all time). That leads to them having the best margin of victory with +12.6 and the best SRS ever recorded, but according to this thread they are less scary because they don't have injury prone 20 mpg center anymore.

rm365 likes this.
  4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The Dubs are murdering everyone. This is probably the greatest team of all time.

5. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

They murdered Cleveland last night but they haven't been murdering everyone. In fact, they're 1-5 now against top contenders. The Dubs of 2015 and 2016 were a deeper and more complete team than this years squad.

6. Air Langhi

Their srs is 12.09 which is way hire than what it was last year. SRS takes schedule into account. The 97 bulls were 11.8.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually, their offensive rating is virtually tied with Toronto and Houston. Their defensive rating is virtually tied with the Spurs, Utah, and Memphis. To say that they are #1 in both is true but somewhat misleading.

That said, their net rating (or SRS) so far is better than their last season when they were having a historic run. As The_Dude pointed out, they are not doing as well against the top teams, except for last night's blowout against Cleveland. It looks like so far, they are kind of like the Rockets, blowing out mediocre and bad teams but not really dominating the good teams as much as they would want.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If they close it out this year, maybe so.

9. FearTheBeardJH

1-5? So Memphis is "top contender", but full strength Clippers who they destroyed in one quarter on the road aren't? Not to mention two of those losses against Cavs and Rockets were basically one possesion games in which Curry/Draymond were in foul trouble. They are obviously much better than anyone else and it will take a miracle for them to lose more than one game in bo7.

justtxyank likes this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Um, nobody is denying that. In fact, you can say the same about them last season. They were much better than anyone else in the regular season, and they did not win the championship.

What people are saying is that they have not looked invincible against the good teams like they did last regular season. It doesn't matter if those losses were one possession games. The fact that they lost means that they were not dominating, let alone winning in those games.

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

They will have a HCA this year during the playoffs. If Green is not going to do some stupid things again, they have a better chance to win the title this year. Last year, they had a great regular season, but in the playoffs, they were beatable because Curry just sucked.

12. Air Langhi

They had HCA last year too. Even with Green there they lost 2 including 1 at home. Of Course Lebron will need to go back to playing in god mode, but I don't know if that will be enough with Durant there. Even if curry is sucking this team can win.

13. Joyner82

Joyner82 Member

They're 31-4 over their past 35 games and 3 of those 4 losses were blown 4th quarter leads...This team should legitimately be 34-1 since November 5th.

I also don't understand this contender record bullshit. They lost to the Spurs in their 1st game with no chemistry. They lost to Houston in 2-OT, they lost to Cleveland on Christmas on the road in their 3rd night in 4 games on a game winner after leading the entire game. They then proceeded to beat Cleveland like a red headed step child 3 weeks later. They blew a 20 point 4th quarter lead against Memphis where the entire team imploded due to nobody deferring/stepping up to run the offense.

How the **** are people considering Memphis a contender for this 1-5 record while ignoring the fact they're 2-0 vs Toronto(both games they lead by 20), 1-0 vs the Clippers in a blowout in LA, and 2-0 vs Utah including a 30 point win. **** if we're counting Memphis as a contender, I guess their 30 point wins over OKC and Boston should count too.

#133 Joyner82, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    rm365 and ramotadab like this.
  14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

What if Warriors get more than 70 wins and also win the championship?

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Then they accomplish what was pretty much expected of them.

16. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

For all the talks of them not as dominate, they are on pace for 70 wins again, not sure how much more dominant can you get, not to mention they have to work Durant into the system, which takes some time.

17. steddinotayto

Did last year's Warriors team lose to an NBA team more than once? This year they've lost to the Grizzlies twice. What's the one thing that Memphis has that can punish the Warriors? Front court size. And that's the thing: last year's Warriors team had no glaring holes/weakness whatsoever. This year's team replaced their depth on the bench and front court with Durant. Sure they can still cakewalk to the championship but if they catch Memphis in a playoff series with both teams being healthy I wouldn't be surprised if Memphis came out in 7.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

In a 7-game playoffs series, I have no doubt the Warriors would adjust and easily beat the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies can be tough to deal with during the regular season because they are unique. That advantage fades away in the playoffs when individual game-planning becomes a big factor.

I also expect the Warriors to make a decision between trusting Javale McGee and trading for another rotation big.

19. steddinotayto

Without making a trade for another big, how would the Warriors combat Memphis' frontcourt in the postseason? Like I said before, it wouldn't be a surprise if Memphis wins a 7 game series against the GSW but it's not something I'm expecting to happen either.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

By running them into the ground, shredding them offensively with motion offense, stifling them with perimeter defense and maybe sending Draymond to clear the glass more often than not.

It really isn't that hard. Z-Bo and Marc can only score so much in a long series. IMO, it would last 5 games. The playoffs are nothing like the regular season. The Warriors would be fired up specifically against the Grizz because of the collapse at Oracle two weeks ago. You can bet they wouldn't junk the offense and start going one-on-one again after getting a big lead.