1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has DMo just become the most hated player in Rockets franchise history?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Dec 7, 2016.

?

Has DMo just become the most hated player in Rockets franchise history?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. No

197 vote(s)
    87.9%
  1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Because he underperformed in the 1999 season, he had a horrible turnover late in Game 1 that gave that game(and likely the series) to the Lakers, and then he proceeded to publicly trash the organization and in particular Barkley in order to force Rudy and CD to trade him. He wanted to get traded to LA to reunite with Phil Jackson, but he wound up being shipped to Portland who proceeded to choke a 15-point 4th quarter lead in Game 7 of the WCF to the very same Lakers. That's karma for ya.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Let's all step back and give DMo some space. From everything I'm seeing, he's an emotional type who is having trouble coming to terms with the cold reality of his legal situation and what the market will bear. It's hard. Yes, he needs to show up for work. But it's a psychological process of reconciling himself to reality, and that usually takes time. The valid points made by many of you and many sportswriters, about Armstrong screwing up and the weird sequence of events with the Nets and the Jazz, make the emotional part harder for him, not easier.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

There is a huge difference between the two contracts and if I am D-Mo I would be kicking and screaming as well.

All Utah had to do was give the same contract as the Nets with 1 less team option or a little more money guaranteed and they would have signed him. But they knew the Rockets would match that, so they purposely waited until he signed then they put in their offer so that they could get D-Mo to bad mouth the Rockets, not report to Houston, and sour the situation so we would let him go back to RFA and not match their offer.

This is seriously dirty play. Did the whole Morey wanting Hayward thing upset them?

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

T mac and Dwight Howard are the most hated players. Quitters, losers, immatures, arrogant, and drama queen, divas who want everything their way.

5. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

It's BJ Armstrong that deserves all the IRE here. He might be the most idiotic agent in NBA history.

6. shlhl

shlhl Member

Sounds like he don't want to be here either. Cut ties and move on.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It's Pippen, then Lin if you're talking about players that played for the Rockets. Not that it's Lin's fault, his mega-fans were just annoying.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Unless you are unaware of Snottie Quitten once being a... once being a... once being in Houston, the answer is NO.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Nah, he is not important enough to be hated that much. This situation became worse because of the incompetent agent he hired. Classical example of someone new to the country and getting screwed by dumbass shady business people. He is an victim in a way.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Sounds like he is greedy and wants to max his money out. When he realized he was going to lose $6 million over incentives that don't carry over to a match, he decided not to show up. I don't think it has anything to do with not wanting to be here. He's being greedy as are the majority of players in the NBA. They all want the max for what they think they are worth and the sky is the limit.

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, it's a business and many players wants to make more. That's why there is off-season for dealing these sort of things. Not only did they fail to do that, but brought in an offer sheet with part of it don't have to be matched. Then they are acting like babies by not reporting. It's very difficult to feel sorry for DMO and his agent. I am fine to give DMO a few days to think it though and see if there is a common ground both parties can come to, but that's just us being nice here..

12. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

At least more hated than Yao.

13. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

oh these kids...lol...u lost me at "most hated"....

tinman likes this.
  14. kiwirocketsfan

From what I have seen of Rocket fandom, you'd have to be pretty despicable to top Scottie Quitten.

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

i have to say, and I say this with both feet on the ground, (im lyin), steely eyes, ( kinda brown actually), a tooth pick stuck in the corner of my mouth, ( hell no I might hurt myself),

this here is the most important and insightful piece of stuff that anybody typed out on this site in at least the last oh, I don't know...how long you guys think ?

can I give it a bazillion stars ? hell why not ? (just waiting to flatten LA fakers 2 nite....DMo could ah had 3 Mo...)

now i can go t work.....er or something....oh yeah its NOT just something........blah

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"Hate is not a strong enough word for what I feel for D-Mo." - John Candy in "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles"

lol

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

DONOTHING ALLTHETIMEAS

18. SuraGotMadHops

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pippen by a landslide.

Rockets gave him MAX SALARY,
    Barkley signed for the minimum (later we find out Les promised 3 mill)
    then got DESTROYED BY KOBE in the playoffs, blames rookie Cutino Mobley
    QUITs and FORCES ROCKETS TO TRADE HIM (this lowers what we get back in return)
    Got Scrubs back for him to go to Portland
    This set the Rockets franchise back a whole generation and wastes the last seasons of Dream/Barkley

The only good thing about Pippen is that he didn't have a cult like following like those other dorks you mentioned

The Rockets actually improved after Lin and Tmac left. No harsh financial repercussions happened either.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why Sean Elliot? Dude failed his physical cause of kidney problems.

I don't understand people here, like they would fail Rockets history.