1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has CP3 been fined at all for flopping?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by onreego, Mar 16, 2015.

1. onreego

onreego Member

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OVmMagj2LXK/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

Chris Paul Flops the wrong direction

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

On that particular play I was initially concerned that Harden could have got hurt from CP3 undercutting him. But from that angle it's hard to tell how exactly they came into contact and the impact it had on Harden landing.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The whole damn team should be fined for all of their lip service towards all of those wonderful refs.

4. onreego

onreego Member

I love Blake's graceful leap over Paul.

2 people like this.
  5. gambingo

gambingo Member

Lucky he didn't get knocked out by Blake's knee.

6. Remix

Remix Member

Nearly takes out Blake Griffins knees with that helicopter flop. Embarassing

7. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Superstars never get warned or fined unless it shows up on Shaqtin a fool or not top ten or there is a complete twitter meltdown about it.

The "fine" has been a joke since its inception

1 person likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fined for flopping? NBA did that for maybe a year. Not really enforced.

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The 'ole helicopter flop. Lol

10. SK34

SK34 Member

It seems like Harden was expecting some sort of contact when he went up. As CP3 flopped and Harden didn't feel any contact, thats why he landed the way he did.

11. brooksstephens

I think this one was more of an effort by CP3 to get out of the way of Harden's drive.

He's a smart guy. He found himself in a position where all of the sudden he realizes "Oh, crap, this is the part where he draws contact and I get stuck with the foul and he gets an And-1." It's what Harden does.

Obviously it didn't work as he couldn't get out of the way in time, but I believe that if he wanted to flop, he wouldn't have turned in the direction that he did.

12. htownballa1622

I swear Cp3 is dirty. How many times does Harden step on the dudes foot when he's taking off?

I don't want to play Clips for the simple fact that the only way cp3 can guard Harden on an attacking layup is by sticking his foot under him.

13. onreego

onreego Member

He actually hits the leg he lands on on CP's thigh while in the air.

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Funny how none of the commentators did not mention this but were all over Dmo for the over the back foul on DJ

I guess CP thought doing the elbow pose was as effective as Griffin's 360 missed layup under the basket to warrant a foul....

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I seriously don't know how CP3 has managed to keep his golden halo all these years with the media and the refs. The guy's flops are obvious, he's a punk, and that team in general complains more than any I've ever seen. And I've watched a lot of basketball over the years.

Hell, yesterday, CP3 was trying to whine to the refs on the first play of the game.

DeAndre Jordan....seriously, dude: STFU.

If I were the refs I'd tell them, Look, if all you guys do is complain; don't you think I might tune you out eventually?

16. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

Seriously! This is not Breaking News, the chump has been flopping for years

17. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

LMAO :grin:

18. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

The flopping rules are not an enforced deterrent. They are essentially picking two or three per month at random from among the dozens of flops that happen every night, in hopes that this lip service makes someone somewhere think twice about flopping. It doesn't.

19. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

Another Flop

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hcxXGPDC1Gs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Agent94

Agent94 Member

hellaflopper or heliflopter. I'm not sure which I like better.