1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Anyone Seen the New Floor Yet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nero, Sep 23, 2003.

1. BBnP4l

BBnP4l Member

FD311, the court font isn't the most important aspect of the new arena...

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The lettering is hideous. The silver/gray is trendy.

3. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I don't like that gray inside the arc either; I agree it should just be the color of the wood right there. No complaints about anything else....a secondary logo would be nice though.

4. AR Rocket

AR Rocket Contributing Member

Hey guys! The arena looks great. I'm really hoping I can check it out this season. I'm just thankful that the Rocks are playing in Little Rock on Oct.12. While looking through all of the pics of the Toyota Center, I noticed that I didn't see a statue of Hakeem. Didn't Les tell us at Hakeem's jersey retirement ceremony that there would be a life-sized statue at the new arena entrance? Has anyone noticed any signs of the constuction or know when it will happen? Thanks!

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, there is a little platform outside, I believe. I haven't been there but I've seen pictures of what will be the spot. IIRC, things got delayed since Hakeem doesn't want an exact replica of himself, due to his religion I believe. So they kind of have to think up new designs and stuff that will give tribute to him but not really "him." Or something like that. :confused:

6. SLA

SLA Member

Guys....the floor is much betterlooking in person! It is very nice. Maybe that picture is just too dark or something...

Or maybe I have bad taste.

But I'm in that picture too!

Let's play Where's SLA?!? :p

7. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

I bet you are one of those power dancer at right bottom corner :cool:

8. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Are you that short-tall guy, with the light, darkish hair, and kinda chubby, but little on the thin side???

:p

9. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I'm not a big fan of the grey, either. However, I have to say that I like the court as a whole a lot more in the picture where you can see the entire thing, rather than the close-up. Probably too late for a change on the grey this season, but maybe that's something that can be fixed in the future.

Remember how everything inside the 3 point line used to be all blue with stars the first season with the pinstripes?

These things can be fixed, it seems.

10. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I remember that court... I thought it was soo cool only to realize it was the most ugliest thing ever :D

11. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

Ugh, don't remind me.

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Hi im new member, I live in mexico, I dont like it very much looks very simple, like a college team. :(

13. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

On the 20th the contractor rented a drumsander in redid the logo on the floor.

14. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Are you actually serious?

15. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

hey since we are lobbying for a third jersey, let's also lobby for a second floor option;) :D :D :D :D :D

16. J-Baller

J-Baller Member

I think the floor would look better if the key was the same style as the sixers have red in the middle and on the sides would have been grey.

17. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

My wife knows the contractor and when he rented the drum sander he told her why. When the machine came back Sunday it had a lot of pink to reddish dust left on it. He told her that they had to make a color adjustment to it and had to sand it down & redo it.

18. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

That was the greatest floor design ever.

This one reminds me too much of the old one at Chicago Stadium. It's not bad, just p l a i n .