1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has anyone ever paid for an essay?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Mar 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If your goal if to become a great product to employers/colleges who target graduates from your school, then this is excellent. You understand how the real world works before you've even joined. You can pay someone to do this essay for you and spend the next 4 weeks trying to make more money than you paid for the essay. That's what school prepares you for, how to obediently deliver other people's work - and they don't care how you do it, as long as you do it. If you wanted to work at Goldman Sachs and told them this story, they would honestly be impressed even if they wouldn't say it.

I wish I was being sarcastic. You can be all altruistic and honor the rules, but that won't get you anywhere.

Now if you're actually interested in education, then probably still pay someone to do it and use these 4 weeks to learn as much as you can about the subject by yourself.

1 person likes this.
  2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I wish I could put into words how appalled I am by this post, but I just can't at the moment.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Real World

Rocket River

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seriously . . . . when I was IN college. . .this would have been a daunting task
    but
    In recent years I have beening a position where I had to do this for a class
    and it was no where near as hard

I mean now you got internet!!!
    Find you about 5~10 quotes
    Document them
    The ramble for about 10-13 pages. . .

Rocket River

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm sure that was an attempt at humor, but you failed badly, in my humble opinion.

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Truth! The amount of things I have done in college... If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying, tbh.. My turnitin papers with a <1% match, yet the entire thing is copied type stuff.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

This is pretty much what I did throughout college. The paper itself isn't difficult, but getting to start writing is almost impossible. If you can master the art of "start writing" you will get by easily.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I repurposed an essay once, but pay for one -- c'mon that's ridiculous.

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I agree. I was going to post something along the lines of how the OP would do great in corporate America since you don't really have any innovative ideas to climb the corporate ladder, but rather just stick around, not screw up, not make any real enemies, and produce consistent work on time. I worked over in high finance in NYC years ago, and this was the exact mindset seen at many of the banking jobs. It's what the real world is about versus what is the right or proper thing to do.

10. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

"Good students borrow, great students steal"

bobloblaw's Essay Writing Service slogan

11. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

My take is education is not "real-world". There should be some institutions that should be held to a higher moral standards. Education, healthcare, civic servicemen (cops, govt, etc.) are some of them.

Personal story, my friend like a leashed dope helped his ex-gf cheat on quite a bit of her medical courses and exams. She would not have gotten through had he not figured out clever ways to cheat for her numberous times. Now she is an anesthesiologist somewhere (chosen because it's high pay and less work) and likely not a competent one at that.

For all you people advocating it's ok to cheat, would you be ok with her being your anesthesiologist next time you go under the knife? What's particularly sad to me in this scenario is that there is someone who worked hard but was honest and therefore didn't get her spot in medical school.

The "it's ok because it's real-world" mentality of some posters is the type that makes society worse off.

1 person likes this.
  12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Obviously this doesn't apply everywhere. Especially when your class of choice has nothing to do with your major at all. Like some freshman level general ed. courses. However, in OP's case you are right since he's in grad school.

13. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

The "real world" is to lie and cheat your way to the top? If that's the case, I don't care if I stay at the bottom. I'm going to work hard and actually have integrity. Those of you who advocate for cheating and lying: do you feel fulfilled when you do so?

For the OP, you have a month to do a 10-15 page paper. I'm lucky if I start a few days in advance, but it really isn't that hard. Do your work, and quit being lazy. If you get overwhelmed and can't manage time well, I would wager you won't do well in the "real world."

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

People cheat like crazy in graduate school. Its pretty ridiculous. She must at least figured out how to pass the boards.

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Yes, you can cheat in medical school, but there is virtually no way of cheating on the USMLE board exams. So your anesthesiologist friend has to have some brains to score well enough on the board exams to get that residency position.

16. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

It's like you completely missed the point of my post. Anyways, my last post in this thread; dont think arguing edu ethics will mean much here.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

what do you mean 1% match?

18. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

turnitin checks for plagiarism, referencing past sources from the internet or files that have been previously submitted. the lower your match percentage, the less it looks like you copied others' work and the more original your work appears to be. it checks for verbatim plagiarism, sentence structure, etc...

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The most successful people I know are cheaters.

20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Your integrity is admirable, but it doesn't match your moniker.

I think we may have some cognitive dissonance going on here.