1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has anyone been around or witnessed a crime take place.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Stack24, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

This is kind of a spin goff on the thread about seeing a guy running away from a car. I figured i would start a new thread instead of derailing that one.

Basically I'm sure all of us have witnessed something happen or go down somewhere so tell us your story and what you saw. Try to keep it honest :D

Here's a few of Mine:

In downtown i have seen good share of fights, involving weapons and stuff. Few stabbings, pistol wipping...

The closes i came to being involved in something was this.

In about 2000 or so i was working at Best Buy and I asked to get off work 10 minutes early to go deposit my check at Bank of America in Albertsons off of Beechnut and Highway 6. I go in there deposit my check and take off to go home. When i get home i turn on the TV and right then they have a live update showing the very back i was at being robbed by Armed gunman only about 5-10 minutes after i had gotten there. Kind of freaky to me at the time becuase if i left work at the same time i would have been right there in the middle of it.

I can't remember any other instances but definitly will post if they come up

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I've seen a few people die in front of me before.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I had a guy come up and stick a bigass gun in my face and tell me he was gonnafuginkillme. He ended up coming in our house and robbing us and getting away. I tried to scream, but nothing would come out. I tried to stay cool and just help him get whatever he wanted...we didn't have anything but my wife's wedding ring.

The same dude got wounded by the police the next week.

crack's a helluva drug

4. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

I've been carjacked twice. One of the times I was kidnapped with the vehicle. It was the Z-107.5 van and this was back in the early '90's.

5. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I saw a drug deal go down today in a McDonald's parking lot. I have seen drug deals go down in the stands during a football game. And I did not inhale.

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i was robbed by a bunch of dudes at gunpoint in my apartment once. i was asleep in bed and these guys kicked in my door and i woke up with a gun to my head and this guy saying he was going to kill me. he had the gun to my head for about 20 minutes while his buddies looted everything of value out of my apartment telling him the whole time to "f***ing waste him".

i was at the mardi gras riots in austin a few years ago where "austins finest" went bezerk and started shooting the crowds with rubber bullets. there was a fight and some cop got a garbage can tossed at him so the entire apd just decided to go after everyone. my buddy got shot in the back with a rubber bullet as we were running away.

i saw a guy get stabbed in the gut once too, but he didnt die.

i also saw a drunk driver hit and kill a homeless guy.

7. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

a decent share of fights/assualts where cops were called. a share of drug deals that go down at the apartment complex.

no shootings or stabbings.....yet.

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Anybody ever heard of Fritz Klenner?

I was pulling out of the parking lot at a school where I taught sixth grade one afternoon. A vehicle raced by me... with 2-3 cop cars in pursuit.

After they zoomed past, I pulled out and made my merry way home. As I got to the first big intersection, I noticed that there were several cars stopped in the middle of the intersection and it kind of appeared to be an accident scene... but there were no accidents. Curious...

Later that evening I saw on the news what had happened. Here's the link: http://www.epinions.com/book-review-2647-E2F9CC4-39FD79E7-prod2

Fritz Klenner had been the one to speed past me as I left for work. A few minutes later, they were all dead.

I didn't really see anything, but I was close...

This story was made into a TV Movie a number of years ago. Keith Carradine plays the father of the two young boys.

#8 giddyup, Mar 5, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

i was there in the middle of that. Was one of the worst handled situations by police in a long time. I was literaly 5 feet away from the fight that broke out that caused the whole incident. As soon as the pepper spray and smoke started coming up we took off running. It got pretty ugly really quick.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

When I was in Chechnya, I saw many crimes take place.

Here in Houston, I was mugged a few years back in the middle of a convenience store in the North side. The black kid started choking me from the back. I soon lost conciousness for a few seconds. When I woke up like a few seconds later, I could feel the kid punching me in the face, while I was face up on the ground. He ran off with like $2000 I had in my jacket.

The funny thing is no one in the store witnessed the fight although it happened in the front. This was at one of these places that have those illegal gaming and stuff. I knew the owner and was just visiting the place when it happened. Bad place to be with some cash in your pocket.

Some other store customers called the police when they realized what had happened. Even crazier, was the police never arrived at the store. I guess the police don't care about the North side of Houston. I jetted after about 30 minutes of waiting for the police.

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

it really was. i have had a ton of bad experiences with apd (one dealing with their ineptitude concerning the armed robbery which took place in my house). i must say that overall apd is the most unprofessional, rude and incompetent police force i have ever known.

also, i knew i was leaving out another crime i witnessed. i was at the laundromat on west lynn back in 2000 and i saw a driveby where a guy got shot in the head. i was the first person to get to the guy who was shot.

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Nothing major, just uh, seen a few of taggings.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I'm watching live as Yao is mugging all the blazers for 30+. Sad how the law men just stand there and let this happen... Yao is even abusing Skinner for a nasty fake and getting 2 and a foul.

14. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I've seen people shot to death in front of me.

15. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

16. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I was in the middle of a bank robbery in Pisa. It was pretty intense. They took all the bank's money but not ours, so everyone cooperated. I had no idea what the robbers were saying, but the guns and knives (yes, knives..this was definitely not an American bank robbery) said it all.

17. Billyp

Billyp Contributing Member

Around the time I turned 17 (2001) my friend and I were driving around Baybrook Mall when we saw about 25 cops swarm 4 or 5 guys. Came to find out that an undercover drug sting had happened and we got to witness the takedown.

#17 Billyp, Mar 5, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  18. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

almost got mugged/jumped by like a gang of 6 black kids from the dump....thank god cops were near there sheesh i would been history.

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

After game 4 of the NLCS last year sitting in traffic right down the street from Minute Maid, a bald white guy comes up to this f-150 and starts beating on the window with his fist. The hispanic guy in the truck gets out and the 2 get into an argument, obviously both drunk. The bald white guy then retreats to his vehicle a few cars back.

Then, a minute later, he comes back with a baseball bat and starts beating on the window again. This time the Hispanic guy gets out, yells at the guy, then goes back to the truck...for a second. He comes back out with a gun pointed. The bald white guy just walks away...and moments later an officer comes running over to arrest the hispanic guy.

This all happened in the lane next to me about 15 feet away.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]