1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has a girl ever asked you out and paid for the date?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Franchise3, Jul 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Posted this in one of the dating questions thread, but since it is sure to get lost in the shuffle, I thought it may make an interesting enough thread on its own.

Has anyone ever had a girl, whom you had not already gone on multiple dates with, actually ask you out and then pay for the full date?

I would say I go on an above average number of dates, and I have NEVER had this happen. I've had girls say, "We should grab dinner/lunch/go out sometime/do X activity", but more often than not it still ends up falling on me to set up the actual logistics of it all. And in the handful of times the girl has set up a concrete date and taken care of the logistics, I've never seen her reach for the check or say it was her treat. The most I've gotten is split checks.

I mainly date girls in their lower 20s, so maybe they are just not confident enough/too poor/too immature to ask for a date and offer to pay?

I'm legitimately curious to hear other guys' experience with this.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You're going to get a lot of guys saying 'yes', but they're all lying.

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Yes.. it was before me and my ex hooked up. She asked me out to the club, I said I wasn't feeling it. She was like cmon I'll pay, then I said ok.

4. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

of course not. girls are tricks. the most ive gotten is a girl has offered to buy me a drink.

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i've been asked out by girls who i knew would have paid. i just never accepted because i wasn't into them.

6. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Does her asking you over and cooking for you count? I've had that happen a couple of times.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, but it was a hell of a long time ago.

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

ive been asked out by 2 girls before, but neither were my "type". i dont know if they would have offered to pay if i did go out with them, but either way i wouldve at least gone half.

9. Prince

Prince Member

Oh yes.... and yes she paid for the hotel.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, twice in the past year. A woman asked me out and she wanted to pay for everything. I still ended up paying for some drinks but she picked up dinner and most of the drinks even though I offered.

Another woman took me out to a Twins game at the new Twins stadium. She got discounted tickets through her job and paid for them. I paid for some drinks before the game and offered to pay for her food during wish she turned down. She actually seemed a little offended by my offering to pay.

Back in college I took someone out who I had gone out with a couple of times before. We were at a restaurant that only took cash and I didn't have enough so she ended up paying. I had paid the previous times and offered to pay for her then but I think she didn't appreciate having to pay so that was it for us.

11. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

If it's on the first date, I personally think this would be better (and a bigger commitment) than the girl offering to pay for dinner at a restaurant. I don't think it would "count" for my OP though since it sidesteps the societal conventions that are so often a basis for who pays for the date.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Back in early college when everything was a joke to me I always made the girls pay. Played it into my whole shtick. Not in the real world though. Maybe ill go back to the old ways, I got more ass that way.

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

there aren't many of us, but we're out there.

14. Prince

Prince Member

that's not what he said..

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Finals you might but my suggestion is as a guy always at least offer to pay.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

does being hired to dance count?

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

sure, i know. going dutch is tacky anyways, it's best to take turns.

so in peoples' experience, does ugliness correlate with willingness to make the first move/pay for a date?

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, lots of times, but that was about 20 years ago in College.

DD

19. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

As long as these are X-Rated activities, I'm not too bothered. :grin:

20. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I had a girl take me to ZZ Top when I was in high school, and another one take me to Duran Duran. They asked and paid. I wasn't too hot for the first one, but..............it was ZZ Top!

The second one was pretty hot, and although I'd have no problem going to see Duran Duran today, I went to that concert just cuz the chick was hot.