1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harvard Business School Professor Goes to War Over $4 Worth of Chinese Food

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by swyyyguy, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Another Harvard person with poor decision making skills.

Turnovers, interceptions, now this.

1 person likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They already knew the food was under cooked. Decent people already told them before. Maybe it'll take effort for the mom and pop to fix the issue.

I don't think the lawyers tactics should vee used as first resort if that's what you're meaning.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

it's called an ESTIMATED delivery time for a reason, all of which was explained to every delivery customer, as is our policy whenever there is crappy driving conditions. how dare someone think that they shouldn't be able to predict the future and give them the exact time that their food will arrive.

4. VanityHalfBlack

That extra $4 could just be considered a tip for providing such delicious food. What a mass twat, I blame Jeremy Lin and his Harvard Degree. DAMN YOU LIN!!!!

5. VanityHalfBlack

Now I'm hungry for Chinese food, any good ones in the metropolis Houston area?

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"I want my four dollars!" ;)

I was getting Panda Express through the drive thru once and forgot to check my change back to see if correct. Sometimes, I just take it for granted the employee can count correctly...a pretty bad assumption.

Anyway, I got home and noticed I was short-changed about five dollars. So, what did I do? Said "****" and then ate my chinese food. End of story. lol

If I wanted to do something, then typically you can send feedback on your experience through a restaurant's website. The likely outcome is they will send you a gift card valued at more than what you lost. I've done that before.

#46 Surfguy, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Time is too valuable to waste like that. You click a button on a website and the charge is disputed by the bank, it goes away, and you don't do anything else. You just click a button and don't have to do anything else. That's how you get **** done in business. Let me teach the class.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wow, just read this story. Guy is a raging douche. He must not have been laid in a long, long time.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Business professor who won't last. He disgraces Harvards rep ...

10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

This is the perfect way to deal with it. If you aren't nasty about it, I would have no problem sending a $20 gift card to you for overcharging you $5. If you are nasty about it, I would still send you a $10 gift card or simply refund you the $5.

BTW, you should always say something if you notice an issue. These are minimum wage workers and when they make a mistake, management needs to know about it. it helps us and helps you

11. likestohypeguy

In addition to teaching at HBS, Edelman also operates a consulting practice where he advises clients like Microsoft, the NFL, the New York Times, and Universal Music on “preventing and detecting online fraud (especially advertising fraud)

This is one of the few situations where I wouldn't get mad when the social media mob overreacts & pressures employers/corporations etc. to cut ties with the bad guy after the story goes viral. The victim is too successful though, and no real harm here. He'd have to be struggling, and have less street cred.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dropping the "under law" before simply asking for a refund is where I have a problem. Just ask for the money back and then you can start to use your threats.

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

If it was a bank and not a bar, clutchfans would armed with torches and picks.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Nope.

I am a lawyer and we only want the letter of the law followed if it is to our advantage.

What it all comes down to is that lawyers are assholes.

Don't over think it.

1 person likes this.
  15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Just confirms that douchebaggery transcends socio-economic and educational status.

16. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

I'm glad we both agree :)

17. Nook

Nook Member

Not a big fan of Asian restaurant owners that pay minimum wage either.

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Entitled white folk?

YOU'RE TALKING TO AN ENTITLED WHITE FOLK!

HAY YAH!!!! (Busts out some Karate moves like Steve Martin in "The Jerk")

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Or maybe he's not a very good business professor and he gets compensated based on merit?

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Oh, Phillip....

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.