1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harrison Barnes turns down $64 million extension

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Lightsnowaction

Don't forget Festus Ezeli. Bet he's not a starting C like everyone claims him to be and paid big time.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Warriors would be better off going after Batum.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They'll corner the market on nut kickers and punchers.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

uh oh.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kj1ZQN-5oB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Harrison Barnes will need to take Luca Brasi with him next time he goes in for a contract extension.

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

You absolutely let Barnes walk or sign and trade him. You go after Batum or Bazemore if you can't get Durant. If you can't get any of them, you go for Parsons, Deng or Turner. Just do not pay Barnes a big contract unless he wants to come back on 2 year deal or something with a player option.

7. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I said in a thread two weeks ago, If GS want to throw max money at a SF, throws it to Batum.

Batum is only 27, not your No. 1 or No.2 option in a championship team but he does so many little things well.

Unlike Barnes, Batum is a good passer as long as he is not the main ball handler. He can defend, rebound and shoot 3s. Perfect for GS system.

Barnes is such a bum.

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

Getting Batum would be huge for the Warriors. It would be another Finals for them. I hope they dont get him.

9. malakas

malakas Member

In contrast to Barnes, Batum is UFA. To get him the Warriors must clear space by trading Bogut or Iggy. Exactly the same they would have to do to get Durant.

10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Yeah, Batum to GSW is overkill. They would most likely make it back to the Finals for a rematch with Cavs.

11. hvic

hvic Member

Morey need to **** block GSW from acquiring more talent

12. Lovemachine2000

The editing is gold!

13. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Batum is a poor man's Lebron - which, in this case, means a very good all-round player.

Barnes disappeared in the last three finals games when the shots really mattered.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Batum isn't really an all around player. Hes actually pretty limited in what he can do. He struggled mightily in this years playoffs. People overrate him just as much as a lot of people did with barnes. There's not much difference between Barnes and Batum as far as the balance pros and cons

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Barnes' one job is to hit open shots at a decent rate since defenders slack off him and he failed miserably.

To me Barnes is not that much better than a Trevor Ariza :grin:

Barnes may have the edge offensively but Trevor is a better defender. No way Rockets should throw max at Barnes

16. RESINator

RESINator Member

Probably one of the biggest chokers this finals series next to Curry

17. Asian Sensation

Lol no. He's not even a broke man's Lebron or anything related to Lebron for that matter. Draymond is the closest thing to a poor man's Lebron.

Batum found a home in Charlotte and is coming off a nice season but he's also inconsistent and has many deficiencies. Ariza, Batum, Barnes, Aminu, Carroll, Jeff Green these guys are all inconsistent and basically in the same group. I wouldn't be shocked if Barnes has the best season next year compared to the guys in his current tier.

18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Aminu and Batum are a cut above those other players.

19. Asian Sensation

You didn't think that 2 years ago. That's my point.

20. AXG

AXG Member

I wouldn't mind if the Rockets signed Barnes, obviously at a discounted price. He's better than Brewer and probably better than Ariza at this point.