1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harrison Barnes turns down $64 million extension

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Sep 21, 2015.

1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Butt cheeks.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

how crap this guy was horrid tonight

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Absolutely played like garbage, biggest underperformance of the series. If he played up to par, Warriors might be the champs right now. Missed so many wide open shots.

5. theangrycanary

I don't think the warriors want him back. Almost anyone in the league could have done better.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Cost himself a lot of money, but luckily, there is a lot of money out there.

Unfortunately, it seems like the major critique of his game coming out of college is still there. He's a little more aggressive now, but still disappears in the biggest moments.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dude cost himself so much money and the chip

8. Chamillionaire

This dude is overrated. He makes the occasional 3 but that's it. He's going to get paid regardless. Must be nice to be 6'9 and able to run and jump. :rolleyes:

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Size wize he is very important to their small ball line up. Unless they think Brandon Rush can effectively replace him, they will try to keep him.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, this has to be like losing a winning lotto ticket.... No way this guy gets this, Should have taken that 64 million. I'm just hoping Rockets don't get crazy.

He'll still be in the NBA, but his finals performance was atrocious.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

James Hardened' the finals

12. hvic

hvic Member

Im sure the warriors will be making some changes to their roster and will be competing again. If the rockets make an offer to Barnes then Morey needs to be fired.

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

If he just played average it's probably enough to win. I can't believe in the 1st quarter I heard Mark jackson say he should keep shooting even though he was missing.

Why are people surprised anyway? Barnes has great physicals and good looking shot, but has been an underachiever since he stepped foot into college.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Harrison Barnes is the Warriors version of Terrence Jones. I think like Jones, Barnes just needs a change of scenery and a little more to do in his role on the offensive end. Barnes is surely better than Jones of course, but both saw a similar decline at the same point of their careers. Like a nose dive off the deep end.

Id be willing to bet that someone will give Barnes at least 64 mil although I wouldn't want to be a fan of the team that did. He's certainly not worth it now, but there will be teams that take a chance on him knowing the talent is there. I just really hope it's not the Rockets taking that chance.

15. arjun

arjun Member

I see your point, but there is a major level difference. We are debating whether Barnes' should get a max contract or not -- Tjones there could be a major debate whether he will get anything about $4mm....

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Barnes is still a very good NBA player, but you cannot count on him to be your 2nd or even 3rd best player and expect to win much. And if you give him 18-20 mil a season, that's what you're paying him to be.

I still think he's gonna get that money from someone this offseason. I just pray it's not the Rockets.

17. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lmao i told ya'll he's a SCRUB

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Ive never seen a player essentially tank his value the way he did this postseason. Barnes was trash in the finals. And teams/GM when evaluating Barnes have to convince ownership that investing on a player that can't handle a big stage is worth the max... Good Luck.

And no the Rockets wont be dropping money on Barnes.

19. malakas

malakas Member

I am very sad with this perfomance. With some better luck Barnes wouldn't have sucked that bad at this critical moment and the Warriors would have shackled themselves with one of the most horrible contracts, for half a decade.

Btw there are many desperate GMs. It's easy to say now that noone will give him the max, but by the time July 10 comes, there will be many teams with 20 million capspace and not having secured any of the premier FAs to play for them. When their own job comes to the line and they have to do smth to apease their owners and fans there will be someone who will give Barnes the max.
    For example Gar Forman. Who is also very biased in favour of Iowa where Barnes is from. Or Demps. Or the Orlando GM who has a meddling ownership group who is tired of waiting.

20. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Id take him on a super low contract (low compared to the numbers being rumored). He has more potential than Brewer or Jones. But then again I wouldnt lose any sleep if we do not get him.