1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harrison Barnes to Dallas (Four years, $94M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

this is the year he'll turn the corner.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

And hit the brick wall he built from all his missed shots??

Jontro likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Did he catch what Parsons got infected with...Overpaid douchitis?

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

At least he'll turn A corner. Doesn't matter what kind of corner.

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

This guy is such a question mark to me. I have no idea how good he is

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I know I hate on this guy a lot, but this signing has the potential to be one of the biggest swing & misses in NBA history for a team trying to bank on an unproven player developing into a franchise player.

This isn't young Tracy McGrady in Toronto everyone was watching handle the rock, fly by people, throw down colossal dunks and overall had you salivating at how good he could potentially be. We're talking about the 7th or 8th best player on team that won a championship with or without HB's contributions. A guy that has almost no upside or distinguishable strengths as an offensive player other than the fact that he's a decent shooter whenever defenses ignore him.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3-13 tonight against the bucks. Yikes

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Let's hope it continues. Nothing against Barnes, but we all dislike Dallas. If he sucks, Dallas sucks. We have all seen great preseason and summer league games that don't amount to anything in the regular season. We've also seen the flip-side of that too. Barnes might turn the corner... hopefully into a cul-de-sac.

9. Sanity2disChaos

I wish I'd get paid on potential,atleast I would pan out.

10. Sanity2disChaos

But honestly I hope he plays to whatever his potential is,except when he plays the rockets.

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I wasn't sure that Barnes was better than Jeff Green.

Honestly, he may not even be that good.

12. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

what are you seeing with barnes is exactly what would happen to klay but even worse if he had his own team. Its the warriors system that makes those players look like superstars going on down to speights, and livingston, thats why when i hear, " oh draymon and klay are top 15 players" from ESPN. i laugh

13. jogo

jogo Member

I think this is a good point, but maybe just because I hate the Warriors. All the Klay>Harden talk was crazy and that was clear to me from day 1.
    Draymond is interesting, though, because of his versatility and defense. He's a guy who's not top 15 by any stretch but might be the key to that team's good play. Also, he's a dirty player and a cheating prick, so...

14. malakas

malakas Member

And that was against mainly one of the worst Defenders in Parker and with one of the worst defensive frontlines in Teletovic and Monroe.

From what I saw in one preseason game sans Dirk, so with a huge grain of salt, I don't believe Dallas can make the playoffs this year.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

He is one of the biggest factors in Worriers not winning the championship last year, the system is designed for him to get good looks and he could not hit them during the finals.

16. FearTheBeardJH

Difference is Barnes never had a good season/stats, going back to college no stat ever suggested he is any good. Thompson and Green both had great seasons unlike Barnes.

17. pirc1

Not sure about Green leading his own team, but he is ultimate second best player on the team. Thompson can lead a team like Reggie Miller used to lead the pacers.

18. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

Harrison Barnes was better in college than Klay, Harrison was seen as the next Michael Jordan in high school. Harrison Barnes was a higher pick than klay

i stand by statement, klay would be average if he tried to lead his own team, harder to stand behind the 3 point line and jack threes all day, when the defense knows whats coming

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Klay is a superstar and 100% can be a number one option on a playoff team in my eyes.

20. pirc1

Did anyone ever stop reggie miller while he was in the NBA?