1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harris County Cop Shot execution style at a Gas Station

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GlenDice, Aug 28, 2015.

1. The Boz

The Boz Member

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

3. rage

rage Member

A cop killed on the line of duty was a hero and the guy who killed him is pretty warranted a death sentence or life in prison.

A married man that was killed while met up with his lover, not so much a hero. His killer did not kill a cop on duty, so he may get off with a lighter sentence.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I don't think on-duty or off-duty should matter since Goforth was driving his police cruiser and was in uniform.

The only thing that should matter for the defense to reduce the capital murder charge is if this was a love triangle between Goforth, the woman, and Miles with the woman connecting both men. That would demonstrate that Miles targeted Goforth as a jilted lover and not for being a cop.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's prĂȘtty much my thinking.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

That makes sense.

TBH, a random public execution was highly unlikely.

9. The Boz

The Boz Member

Didn't say I believed it. Just said I heard it.

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, thanks for the clarification. I guess I was confused when you said "don't know why it all has to be so secretive".

11. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

More rumors in this reddit thread.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BREAKING?src=hash">#BREAKING</a> Judge in case of man accused of killing Dep. Darren Goforth recuses herself <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Goforth?src=hash">#Goforth</a>
    <a href="https://t.co/9QMnBnTREX">https://t.co/9QMnBnTREX</a></p>&mdash; Houston News (@abc13houston) <a href="https://twitter.com/abc13houston/status/656174773118963712">October 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She probably slept with the witness too.

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This thing has been absolutely unbelievable since the very beginning.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Wait...I'm seriously playing catch-up here. Way too much to read...can someone break it down for me simply? I'm a simple person. I'm not very smart, either. Help.

Honestly, I had no idea there was a weird angle to this.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Guy shot another guy at a gas station.

People didn't know why. Assumed it was either racially motivated or because victim was cop.

Was later revealed that victim was having an affair and his sidepiece was at the gas station with him.

Rumor came about that sidepiece was also hooking up with shooter. So this might just be a jilted-lover story. Maybe.

Then the lead investigator of the case stepped down because he confessed to banging sidepiece during the investigation.

Judge recuses herself for reasons not yet known.

I think that's it so far.

1 person likes this.
  17. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Interesting... Same judge....

Judge Makes Surprising Move In Harris County Courtroom
    Aug 28, 2012

A Harris County Judge makes a surprising move based on a hearing in her court. Judge Denise Collins was presiding over a probation revocation case when evidence presented by an attorney prompted her to take drastic action.

According to reports, a man had a positive urine test while on probation for DWI. At the hearing, his attorney presented evidence showing there were more than two dozen false positives that the County Probation Department knew were wrong but nothing was done to correct the decisions made based on those results.

The evidence reveals sloppy work such as samples that were labelled incorrectly along with clerical errors.

Judge Collins stated she would not allow any results from the agency in her court. Her new ruling will not affect cases that have already gone before her.

Judge Collins also said she would take the transcripts and copies of evidence from the hearing and sent them to the other criminal judges in Harris County. She wants them to call for the resignation of the head of the Probation Department, Paul Becker and three deputies.

link

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

She is the witness.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

This has turned into a two-part Law and Order episode. Where's McCoy to straighten this thing out?

20. axstar713

axstar713 Member

Hahaha Hell,he's probably banging someone involved in the case, too.

1 person likes this.