1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harrell is a BEAST!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 12, 2015.

1. eman

eman Contributing Member

Harrell and Williams would be, IMHO, upgrades over Dorsey and TJ. Offensive rebounds galore.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am going to console myself by thinking that Rockets did not pursue Josh Smith because they are confident that this guy can make an impact.

Then I am going to hope that this guy does not turn into a Cato.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The one thing that Harrell undeniably had that Kelvin Cato did not have is a motor. Kelvins best season was probably the year he played with Yao Ming. Typically Kelvin looked really uninspired but he was very good at rolling to the basket for the dunk.

Harrell (up to this point) always looks inspired and full of energy.

4. bongman

bongman Member

Unless I am missing something, Cato's reputation is about playing great in summer league then getting a BIG pay day. Not sure where you are getting a comparison.

Losing on a bid /= not pursuing.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think he was talking about him turning into a not so good player like Cato. Cato looked good in the pre-season and bad in the regular season. That was my take on his comment.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

That would be some great value given that Robinson was drafted 5th overall

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Morey knows how to draft. Excited to see dekker

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even a ready player will need years to tap out his potential.

I am confident that we will 55 plus games again in the regular season but not very confident for the playoffs.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

More like under 230 lbs. Dude is small. No wonder D-Mo overpowers him.

10. bongman

bongman Member

Understood that but to expect a 2nd rounder to somehow immediately contribute to team who reached the WCF and just happens to also have decent players in that position is somewhat unrealistic.

Cato also took up a lot of our cap space and minutes so I am failing to understand the comparison.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

D-Mo shoots over Faried, let's not get carried away now.

12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

What is the latest on DMO's back? Some people in the know on here didn't seem optimistic about his recovery. Maybe they rest him the first part of the season, and play Harrell?

Losing Josh is a bigger deal than I think most realize. We have depth at the position, but none of the players were as versatile as as smith, can shoot the 3 with as much confidence, and I have a feeling Smith can handle pressure better than our other guys. Smith has also been healthy his entire career pretty much, our other guys are younger and already having issues (Although TJ has had some fluke injuries).

13. DreamEarlNolan

Anyone have an idea as to the meaning of Harrell's tweets tonight. The site won't let me post attachments, but here is what the tweets say:

14. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">never will step off the court on that note again believe that</p>&mdash; Montrezl Harrell (@MONSTATREZZ) <a href="https://twitter.com/MONSTATREZZ/status/624029706413809664">July 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">disappointed beyond belief ..</p>&mdash; Montrezl Harrell (@MONSTATREZZ) <a href="https://twitter.com/MONSTATREZZ/status/624027981023965185">July 23, 2015</a></blockquote>

can't catch a break. i wonder what happened. damn it morey.

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">never settle with being ok</p>&mdash; Montrezl Harrell (@MONSTATREZZ) <a href="https://twitter.com/MONSTATREZZ/status/624034065285558272">July 23, 2015</a></blockquote>

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Sounds like he had a disappointing day on the court

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He probably got pwned by paulftsk at some rec gym today...

That damn quick release will get you every time.

1 person likes this.
  18. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, GM Carrol Dawson waited until after the preseason to pay Cato like a perennial All-Star.

But yeah, your point stands.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Pretty intense reaction to a bad practice.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I just look up in the sky an know that he knows</p>&mdash; Montrezl Harrell (@MONSTATREZZ) <a href="https://twitter.com/MONSTATREZZ/status/624021687311429633">July 23, 2015</a></blockquote>