1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's Personality

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealAllpro, Apr 26, 2015.

1. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Knee Jerk thread

2. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Ok I get they don't want to get swept. But the mavs aren't playing any better or harder than game 3.

Rockets shot themselves in the foot in the 2nd quarter by giving up the lead. That's inexcusable

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

We were shooting bad I don't even think we could even do that properly.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

So Harden's defensive effort has nvr been discussed here before lol

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah they are. they are giving much better effort on defense and rebounds, they are also abusing our guards a lot better. They are also doing a better job on Harden by putting Aminu on him

6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Aminu is not a long term solution to stopping harden. It worked for this game.

If harden gets shut down by aminu for the rest of the series, then the rockets don't deserve to win this series

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that's not the point, you said they didn't play better or harder

they played much better and harder on all aspects of the game, which includes defense, rebounding and adjustments on Harden.

they straight up out hustled us on the defensive end, and abused our old ass backcourt with more penetration and pick and roll.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

did you watch these games. We gave up the lead in every 2nd Q of every game. Saying "that's inexcusable" is inexcusable if you didn't say it every game.

You are a pretty weak-minded basketball fan. Don't understand the playoffs and adjustments to adjustments much do you.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I don't see the problem in discussing this. In tough stretches, you want your leader to light a fire under the team. Harden doesn't have the personality to do that.

What I didn't like from this game is how Harden lazily brought the ball up the court. It resulted in an 8-second violation when Aminu deflected it. You'd think Harden would learn and push it a bit more but he continued to walk the ball up. Show a bit more urgency, please.

Harden does need to take command of the team more. He's still growing as a person and a player. He's had 3 years as the leader of a team. He needs to learn how to vocally motivate his team.

A lot of veteran teams will have a player's huddle to regroup when the other team is making a run. I never see our team do that. Harden or Dwight should group up our guys, reinforce the game plan, and motivate each other to execute more instead of being so free flowing.

10. hoopball

hoopball Member

Harden was not the problem in this game, although he could have played better. It's Dwight and Ariza that didn't show up. Especially disappointed at Dwight. If you can't hit your free throws, at least deliver on what you're supposed to be good at. How many offensive rebounds did the mavericks players got over Dwight? smh...

11. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Yes I've noticed that trend. You'd think they'd fix that.

12. heypartner

So, saying "that's inexcusable" is inexcusable unless you say it each game. You don't understand nba playoffs that well.

13. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Harden was hardly the problem tonight... his contribution was decent...

14. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Ok let me ask you this. Being that it's an ongoing trend, why don't they fix it?

15. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Everybody knee jerking at the fact that we didn't sweep needs to GTFO

16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I was actually about to post a similar thread for Harden and Howard. Both don't have that edge I've talked about quit often on here that the greats play with. You have to have an edge to close a desperate team out. Both are too chill and its not exercising good leadership. Like I said in game thread, Smith and Brewer have more heart than Howard and Harden and that's a problem.

17. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Rockets lose a game and everybody loses their minds

18. heypartner

Yes he does. And are you trying to tell me Tim Duncan showed that kind of outward "fire," or Lebron for that matter. Or Shaq. Or Nowitzki. We can go on and on. Not all people lead the same way. This idea that everyone has to be an ass, drill sargeant like MJ and Kobe or overly expressive cheerleader like Paul or Gasol or AI is just a lame way to snipe at stars and feel smart about it.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Bc this is real life and not a video game? No that can't be it.

Wait I know.... Try harder rockets!

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Who gives a **** about Jordan?
    Congratulations, he's going to get in an argument over something incredibly trivial and die of a heart attack within the next 10 years.

That style doesn't work for everybody.