1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's inability/unwillingness to free himself up for the ball.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jan 26, 2018.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

doesn't coaches usually have plays and practive for crucial late game inbounds? or all coaches need a harden type player to depend on everything?

LOL for a Ryno garbage for a season supporter you cry about the MVP not doing everything in a single game?

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree with this, but Harden was at 3/4 court. It wasnt even a press! His man was just sitting there. Harden didn't run back to the passer. He didn't need a pick.

3. vlaurelio

so you admit offensively he's as atheltic as the other superstars

now you move goal posts from both ends of the court to just defensively

what discrepancy? the rocket's weren't any better defensively when harden sat out

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Dumbest ****ing thread in history

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Why can't it be the fault of multiple people when something goes wrong like that luc to harden turnover?

Harden could've done a better job getting open, luc could've done a better job protecting the ball, and MDA could've called a timeout as he saw that situation develop.

Either one of them could've prevented a turnover like that.

Rocket River, BigMaloe and DreamShook like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden was not pressed he was just too far from the inbounder he didn't try and run back to the passer.

And don't get triggered, we are having a conversation. Leave your b**** tendencies at home. It's not a good look.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i can't comment on that b/c i don't recall where he was. i just remember as soon as the ball was inbounded to luc thinking "that's a mistake that's going to cost us." and these details have haunted pringles' teams going back a dozen years

DreamShook likes this.
  8. jacoby

jacoby Member

Harden cost us TWO timeouts off the inbounds BEFORE those two flops because Ariza couldn't inbound the ball within 5 seconds. Watch again.

The refs and Smart screwed us. Harden screwed us before they did.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MDA doesn't do well with the details, I agree. He puts too much faith in Harden and his players I guess.

s3ts and pippendagimp like this.
  10. vlaurelio

LOL you the b**** who needs a safespace to defend p***y Ryno

go back to your safespace b****!

11. vlaurelio

now you admit it MDA's fault

b****!

12. vlaurelio

OMG we're screwed by the MVP we should be 1st seed now!

13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This is simple. Point Guard 101 is go to the ball or give the inbound passer a window to complete the pass--Harden did neither and then compounded the problem after the ball was across the line by not moving. This is precisely the kind of moments PGs live for, give me the ball and let me do my thing. These nonchalant lapses are what frustrate me with Harden.

With that said, I hope MDA learned a very valuable lesson in this loss--put the ball in CP3's hands in these situations and let him set up the offense.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Look at the state of you, man. Someone can't criticize Harden with out you going into menopause.. calm down. your vagina is over-heating.

15. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

you do understand that you can succeed in this league without being overly athletic? and most of Harden's offensive game centers around skirting those issues? drawing fouls, step backs, change of speed/direction, etc. are very useful tactics when you can't just leap over and run past other players.

what defensive discrepancy?

when,

Harden's DRPM is -0.53 (52nd among his position, https://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/2/sort/DRPM/position/1)

The team's DRTG is 2.8 points better with Harden off the floor

https://stats.nba.com/team/1610612745/onoffcourt-advanced/?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=1

Harden's opponent shoots 2.7% better from the three when he's guarding

https://stats.nba.com/player/201935/defense-dash/

#55 Vindicator, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  16. vlaurelio

he not only succeeding he's dominating

if you're not happy the team you're rooting for has the MVP then at least accept it

s3ts likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

go back inside ryno's vag and send it positive vibrations

you are simply hating and nitpicking on harden

morey. clutch, and everyone here never hated on RA just being honest
    but the p***y you are you needed a safespace where people can't be honest with your savior

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I just re watched the play: Harden was at 3/4 court with Holiday way behind him at half court. Boogie then created a soft zone. Harden could have easily ran back, out ran Boogie to get the ball because there was no press. he pointed at Luc instead.

19. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

what does that have to do with my original claim? did I deny that Harden is a great player nonetheless? I said his weakness is rooted in his physical limitation as an athlete. unless you deny that Harden has a weakness at all, WTF is your problem? or maybe you think Harden's weakness is due to his mental laziness? and how is that better? in fact, that's what haters like to accuse of Harden, because it's more damning, you idiot.

jacoby likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

so where does his dominance in the league come from? purely his brain?

he's dominant both physically and mentally just accept that hater