1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden withdraws from 2016 Olympics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmactoyao, Jun 10, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nothing to see here, move on. I really do not know what you intended with

"How do you know he's not rooting for the whole team?" either

All I can say is I really felt bad for the guy

The important message is the first line

The last sentence was written without any afterthought.

So I cannot help you other than say it was a useless dialogue thereafter from me and you all.

If you want to dissect every syllable, then I cannot help you further.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Not sure if Harden has any kids yet... He doesn't want Zika kids I guess.

3. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

At this rate Jeremy Lin might get a call up to the Olympic team

4. alethios

alethios Member

The league is pretty deep on better SGs, No need to dig that deep.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I did a quick check of high minutes guys who have also gone to the playoffs and played a while in them and from what I can see only Lebron James(by about 1000)and Steph Curry(by about 50) have played more NBA minutes(playoffs included) than Harden since Harden joined Houston.

Let's not act like if fatigue were one of his issues that it wouldn't be completely justified.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ugh, that is sad to read...so much truth.

DD

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

over/under Harden's weight and FG% to start the year?

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Now that DD is on the Harden hate train I feel like even Pringles can't ruin an MVP caliber type of season from JH.

9. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

He lives in Rio and is a Rockets fan. He can't purchase plane tickets to Houston and watch a Rockets game live in person because that would cost money. James Harden would be likely the only Rockets player he'd be able to watch play live in person for a good while because who knows when the Rockets would ever play a game in Rio or who knows when the poster would gather enough money and time to plan a trip to Houston to watch the Rockets game.

Or maybe he doesn't want to use his money and time to travel to Houston? I could be a real Madrid fan, but I'm not gonna go all away across the world to watch them play. I'm gonna wait for them to come here lol.

Also, there are very few Rockets players that may play in the Olympics. Clint Capela, Donatas Motiejunas and that's about it. Honestly, who knows if those two even make it to the quarter finals because those are the tickets he bought. He already has the purchased tickets. The tickets were bought under the assumption Rockets player James Harden would be playing.

I'm not sure why you had to imply he was a fan of Harden only. I don't know what the whole root for the whole rockets team comment meant. He csn root for Harden on the US team and for the Rockets at the same time. Maybe if you said root for the US team but.... hes not american. It sounded a little rude and unnecessary. Also he might be a she, but I have no idea so sorry dude/gal if you're not a dude.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't hate him, I have high expecations for professionalism and leadership from the team's best player, and I don't make excuses for him because he is the best player.

DD

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What is this?

I was just pointing out that you needed to clarify your statement. That's all. There was no beef or paranoia or passive aggressiveness or anger.

Anyway I guess your point was that he shouldn't be a player only fan - even though you admittedly don't know if he is one. So... ok. Good stuff.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The reason still could be that D'Antoni asked him to stay for early training in a new offense, since Harden would probably want September off after training for the Olympics and playing a month in August.

Think about Yao for a second. You'd want him to have a month off sometime during the summer...likely after the Olympics. D'Antoni might want that time for early Xs and Os training, although NBA teams can't force players to arrive early...they can still show up on their own at Toyota Center.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden said he's skipping the Olympics to focus on helping the Rockets in free agency. &quot;Trying to get our winning ways back.&quot;</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/746037236924198912">June 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden he's spoken with Mike D'Antoni the last couple of days about being more of a playmaker.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/746037025090895872">June 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Harden is really committed to this franchise. I am happy to see him putting efforts toward getting better and making his team better. Lets stop the harden hate, and appreciate

1 person likes this.
  16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That's ironic because if he wanted to get Durant, he would have joined him in Rio. This sounds like more of an excuse to hit up the club all summer instead. "Hey, I was just mingling with potential free agents, trying to improve the team. Not my fault they want to go out."

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You're reaching, bro.

18. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Lol he is reaching heavy. Kevin Durant will have signed with a new team by the time Olympics start

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Harden Nash

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Harden passed up big booty girls in Brazil. It doesn't get better than that!!!!!!

This shows he is committed to the Rockets. ;)