1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden will be the first superstar guard since Clyde to lead us to the WCF at the least

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 8, 2014.

Tags:
?

James Harden will lead us to

1. Western Conference Finals

34 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. NBA Finals

16 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. The CHAMPIONSHIP

105 vote(s)
    67.7%
  1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Dream was the one that lead the Rockets to the finals, Clyde helped.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Where is Rockets2k when you need him. Attention hoar

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry that harden is so badass

4. tinman

Supporting Member

I said they had experience BEFORE
    Going to the rockets

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

T-Mac has had a very positive influence on the young Rockets this season as a fan and mentor. When we win the championship, I expect Les to demand that T-Mac is handed a championship ring.

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

did t-mac teach harden all his clutchness? it's eerily reminiscent of a young t-mac.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

no, he's more like clyde drexler cause clyde drexler was part of Clutch City

Tmac was part of Crutch City

8. ComeBack

ComeBack Member

I know everyone is happy and all but playoff and regular season is a different beast. I don't want anyone jumping off a bridge if we happen to get knocked out in the 1st round and there are threads popping saying Harden/Howard isn't legit. It's better to have low expectations so your happy when you get through instead of thinking "oh yea we knew we would win the series".

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahaha good one, that's tinman for ya. Dude just can't get over Tracy breaking his heart.

10. conquistador#11

we really haven't been past the 2nd round since the last conference finals. back to you bill

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I think Les getting Dream back to mentor the team has brought pride back to the organization and players

as you see in my signature, James Harden knows the Dream and he knows the path of which Dream took

He knows that Drexler and Olajuwon's unity can be transferred to him and Harden.

He's not looking at failure, he's looking at success

That's why Harden will succeed while false idols fail

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Only the pure of Rocket Heart See

[​IMG]

13. treeman

treeman Member

I love these threads.

And Yes, Harden and Dwight will take us farther than... that other guy and Yao Ming. This season is supposed to be about testing the system and developing. I'd say we're ahead of schedule.

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

At the time I loved Clyde coming back to Houston but he was on his downside and make no mistake about it Hakeem was the man back then and it wasn't even close. Now this is Hardens team. As much as I like Howard Harden is the man on this team. No question Howard is important but make no mistake Harden is the guy with the long coattails this team is riding.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I feel like this is Harden's jam. Describes him game and interests well.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/m7GN70wn9GM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

I disagree only that the Spurs we beat 3 times are a different team than the one the Spurs have now. They have some younger pieces with talent, and who can shoot and speed up the game, but the Spurs core and game-plan are the same as they have been the last 8+ years. They simply don't matchup well with our Rockets team and that bodes well for the Rockets now and in the years to come.

Spurs are on the way out. They have done well to slow the hands of time, but they don't have ANY replacements in line for Duncan, Parker and the rapidly aging, and breaking down, Manu. And the draft will not help them when the constantly pick at the bottom of each round. The Spurs will have to rebuild in 1-2 years, fully. And not by signing good free agents to supplement their core. They will need new franchise players, and currently have no cap space to lure any for the next 2 years.

Cant wait to see what the Rockets can accomplish as the top team in the division for the next 4-5 years.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

They changed from a slow half court game based around Duncan to a push the pace offense based around Parker about 3 years ago. Getting whooped by Memphis was the precursor for that, and the change is why Memphis got swept by them last year.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Harden went nuts against the spurs when okc beat the spurs .

That was his break out performance